Day 26: Questioning Pride

With a hurried motion, Gaystripe entered the backstage

With a hurried motion, Gaystripe entered the backstage. He looks almost irritated as he looks around, stomping a paw as he sweeps to a nearby stagehand and takes their coffee, quickly downing it. Soon after, he stomps around and grabs his cat-hair gel.

Stagehand: What has your fur all matted?

Gaystripe: MY FUR'S FINE. *angrily applies cat-hair gel to his cat-hair, and he glares at the stagehand* GET ME SOME MORE COFFEE PLEASE.

Stagehand: Here you go *chucks him a coffee cup full of coffee, and in it is "Day 26" written in milk*

Gaystripe inspects it for a few moments before appearing to remember that he's on 30 Days of Pride. Quickly, he guzzles the coffee and slams the cup down on the table of the stagehand, turning to the curtain.

Gaystripe: Is everything all set up?

Stagehand: Yes, just get onstage. *shuffles papers into a pile as they turn to look at Gaystripe, who is looking into a nearby mirror as he admires himself, though he turns away with a grin*

Gaystripe: If you insist!

With that, he races out onstage and spots a large crowd of cats waiting, more so than the previous days. He assumes this is because it's getting closer to the end of Pride Month, but he dismisses it and throws his paws up as lights flash brightly around the area.

Gaystripe: HELLO EVERYONE AND WELCOME TO 30 DAYS OF PRIDE! 

The tom jumps up and down as the audience goes wild, screaming and throwing popcorn all around the area. Soon enough, there is popcorn scattered all over the floor, yet nobody is too concerned about it.

Gaystripe: TODAY IS DAY 26, WHICH IS QUESTIONING PRIDE!

A group of cats in the back of the audience cheers loudly, bringing up a small wave that ripples across the crowd as they jump and throw drinks as well as popcorn all around. Gaystripe gives them a confirming nod.

Gaystripe: Questioning can be used for gender or sexuality! Because it encompasses anyone who is questioning anything that may or may not fall within the LGBTQ+ community, it's often used rather loosely.

Random Cat #1: Wait what? It can talk about cats not in the LGBTQ+ community?

Gaystripe: Well yeah! Think about it this way: let's say you're questioning, and for all your life, you've been assumed to be straight because you think you are. Then, you start questioning and figure out that you might actually be bisexual.

Gaystripe: Technically, you're questioning between being bisexual and straight, meaning you're between being in the community or not- so if you end up realizing you're not actually bisexual, you'll be back out of the community, which is fine!

Gaystripe: This also works for gender. For example, let's say someone knows they're agender, until they begin to question and wonder if they're bigender. You can still question and call yourself questioning even if you're questioning between two things that are in the community.

Random Cat #1: Okay!

Random Cat #2: What about cats who aren't sure in general but still call themselves questioning?

Gaystripe: Good question!

Audience: SERIOUSLY?

Stagehand: TOLD YOU!!

Gaystripe: Oops! 

The audience collectively does an eye-roll, and Gaystripe snickers before continuing.

Gaystripe: So, with your question random cat #2, let's say you're between, I dunno, bisexuality and pansexuality. You really don't feel like labeling yourself, so simply you just decide to stick with questioning, because you know you're still in the community, just not sure exactly where.

Gaystripe: Some who are questioning know they're in the community but simply just don't feel the need to label themselves further because they're overall not sure as to where they fall. If someone is split between a lot of sexualities or gender identities, they may go with questioning.

The crowd nods, seeming to understand. The group of cats in the back gives Gaystripe a big and happy thumbs-up, smiling as they wave their tails to him. He grins back and waves.

Gaystripe: I actually think that's all we have for tonight! Day 26 is over, so soon! 

Audience: WHAT?! NO! NOT YET!

Gaystripe: Sorry, but it's gotta be. I'VE BARELY HAD MY COFFEEEEE!

The audience gives him an 'are you sure about that' look. 

Gaystripe: ANYWAYS, that just about it for today's day of 30 Days of Pride. We only have a few more days left which is really sad!

Audience: NOOOO!

Gaystripe: Don't worry, we always have June of 2020!

Audience: Oh, true

Gaystripe: ANYWAYS FOR THE SECOND TIME, that's just about it for tonight. SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW!

With that, he launches himself into the crowd, where he is showered in popcorn almost instantly, and the daily party of the cats in the audience begins promptly.