Day 30: Aromantic

The audience hyperventilates

Audience: OHMYGOD it's the last day. OHMYGOD. NO. It can't be. MY 30 DAYS OF PRIDE CAN'T BE OVER.

Audience: NOOOOOOO

Lambtuft cries silently in the background, and Solsticefall sniffles and pats her on the shoulder. Solacebreeze sits nearby, holding a box of tissues, and after being noticed by the prying audience members, the admins scurry off.

Gaystripe: *racing onstage* HELLO EVERYONE AND-- what's going on?

The audience screams in sadness.

Audience: IT'S DAY 30.

Gaystripe: I KNOW THAT. Just be happy for today. PRIDE'S DONE but our happiness is not. I HAVE A COOL SPEECH AT THE END, SHUT UP AND LET ME DO MY THING!

Audience: *sniffling, using the popcorn cups as tissues as they nod* Okay... 

Gaystripe: Good. WELL welcome to 30 Days of Pride and welcome to Day 30. Today is aromantic!

Gaystripe: An aromantic is a person who experiences little or no romantic attraction to others. They may also feel repulsed from romantic relationships or attractions.

Gaystripe: This is similar to asexual but not exactly the same. Those who are asexual experience little or no sexual attraction to others, whereas those who are aromantic experience little to no romantic attraction.

Gaystripe: Like all romantic identities aromantic cats can have any sexual orientation. Additionally, sometimes it depends on the cat; some may be uncomfortable with outwardly expressing a relationship they're in as romantic, because it's not.

Gaystripe: Awfully quiet?

Audience: yeah... *sniffs*

Gaystripe: *shrugging* Okay. Anyways, to help explain, what distinguishes romantic relationships from non-romantic relationships is the romantic intent or lack thereof. This means that the outward expression of a relationship may be misleading.

Gaystripe: Some aromantics may feel pressured to act as though their relationships are romantic, even though they may not necessarily be as such. You should never do this or anything similar to anyone of any identity; it's not you who is experiencing it, so it shouldn't matter.

The audience sniffs a few times, and he looks at them, though they just silence themselves. He shrugs and continues speaking, sitting on the edge of the stage, as standing has made him tired.

Gaystripe: However, this isn't to say that those who are aromantic are closed off from close relationships. Many have a lot of close friends, and some may even have relationships that go beyond cultural norms for a friendship but are still non-romantic.

Gaystripe: These are called queerplatonic relationships because they're queer, or go against cultural norms, of platonic relationships. Additionally, they may experience squishes which are the aromantic equal of a romantic crush.

He finishes and waits for some sort of clapping, though nobody does anything. He stands up and crosses his arms-forelegs over his chest.

Gaystripe: HELLO??

Audience: WE'RE SAD.

Gaystripe: WHY??

Audience: PRIDE'S OVER.

Gaystripe: *sighing, taking out a monocle* I knew this day would come.

The audience bursts into tears, and faint crying can be heard nearby from admins backstage. 

Gaystripe: Listen up, kids.

The audience looks up.

Gaystripe: Pride is a wonderful month in which members of the LBGTQ+ community celebrate their identities and other people within the community. It's a great month, but as they say, all good things have to come to an end.

Cat: All great things. *sniffling*

Gaystripe: Hush. All great things must come to an end. And this is true for many things, but pride as well. Celebrate whenever you want; pride doesn't mean that you can never celebrate your identity ever again or that you only have to celebrate during the month of June.

Gaystripe: You should be proud if you're in this wonderful community, and if you feel excluded or ignored, I promise that if nobody else does, I appreciate you and I think you're cool. Many others feel the same way and it's okay to feel alone sometimes, but you are loved.

The audience sniffles, rubbing their blurry gazes with the backs of their paws. Gaystripe huffs, rubbing his own eyes, and then he rises to his paws and snaps his cat-fingers.

Instantly, rainbow lights begin to flash around the area and a few cats watch with widened eyes. Soon after, Gaystripe is decked out in rainbow gear, including a few hats, lanyards, as well as multicolored beads.

Gaystripe: But while we have some time...

He throws several pride related items into the crowd, and the audience immediately leaps to get to them. Before anyone can do a lot of movement done, the entire crowd is covered in rainbow and pride related gear.

Everyone seems to have a bisexual-colored hat, a few asexual related items, a gay pride flag, a non-binary lanyard, as well as questioning, genderfluid, homoromantic, polysexual, gray asexual, and a lot of other pride-related items.

A happy audience member: OH MY GOD ALL OF THESE ITEMS ARE ALL OF THE 30 IDENTITIES IN THIS BOOK. YOU GUYS ARE SO SMART!

Gaystripe: *waving his pride flags in the air* WHY THANK YOU.

Gaystripe: And with that my friends, the end of this book. 

Audience: *sniff sniff*

Gaystripe: THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for tuning into 30 Days of Pride. It's been wonderful helping all of you learn about these identities, though all good t-- ALL GREAT, ALL GREAT THINGS must come to an end.

Gaystripe: HAVE A WONDERFUL JULY, AND ENJOY NEXT PRIDE!

For one last time, he launches himself into the crowd, and just like that, the most exuberant party - with lots of rainbow colored lights and lots of rainbow-dyed popcorn being thrown around the area - of the entire month of June begins.