Day 24: Intergender Pride

Gaystripe should be tired from all these weeks of partying, but all he feels is pure energy in his paws as he waltzes between the dancing cats, shoving popcorn into his face as he goes

Gaystripe should be tired from all these weeks of partying, but all he feels is pure energy in his paws as he waltzes between the dancing cats, shoving popcorn into his face as he goes. As the DJs bring the music to a slight lull, choosing some gentler music compared to the previous heavier house music, Gaystripe becomes aware of a cat calling his name.

Stagepaw: Gaystripe! GAYSTRIPE! Oh, thank StarClan, there you are! 

Gaystripe: You've been looking for me?

Stagepaw: FOR HALF THIS PARTY! NOW COME ON! You have to make the next introduction!

Stagepaw begins to drag Gaystripe off.

Gaystripe: Aww, you're no fun. Have some popcorn! Enjoy the party!

Stagepaw: *sighs* Fine. *grabs some popcorn* Mm, this is actually some nice popcorn.

Gaystripe: *proudly puffing out his chest* Isn't it? I chose it myself!

Someone tosses a mirror in his direction. Catching it expertly, Gaystripe carefully tidies his fur in preparation for his next appearance on stage, muttering about how he looks nice even after so many straight hours of dancing.

Cats move quickly backstage, their forms bathed in the stage lights' shadows as they shift equipment around. Grabbing a mic from a nearby cat, Gaystripe prances onto the stage and hops around, trying to get the attention of the crowd.

Gaystripe: HEL-LO EVERYONE! Welcome to Day Twenty-four of Pride! Guess what day it is!

The audience quietens down till there are only some murmurs. Cats look at each other and shrug.

Gaystripe: Aw, no one wants to guess? Well, have no fear, Gaystripe is here! Today is INTERGENDER PRIDE!

Realisation dawns on the crowd members' faces and immediately, a cheer begins to build up.

Gaystripe: Now, THAT'S the spirit! Unfortunately, we also have no intergender admins nor QueerClan cats present, so there will be no interviews we can conduct :^(

Crowd: Awwwww

Gaystripe: Well, let's begin right away! Firstly, I would like everyone to familiarise themselves with two terms first—the first is 'intersex', which describes a person who has sex characteristics such as sexual anatomy, chromosome patterns and such that don't fit the common definition of male or female.

Gaystripe: The other term is 'dyadic', which simply refers to non-intersex people!

Cats in the audience quietly repeat the two terms aloud as they listen to Gaystripe's explanation. The group of intergender cats looks on, nodding in agreement.

Gaystripe: There is actually debate regarding how the identity intergender can be used. Some believe that it can only be used by intersex people, because it relates to their bodies and is thus more suitable for them, while non-dyadic people should instead use other terms like androgyne. That was yesterday's Pride identity, as some of you will remember!

Gaystripe: Of course, there are also those who believe that intergender can be the gender identity of anyone at all. There is still no general consensus on how the word intergender should be used.

The audience nods in understanding. 

Gaystripe: Intergender as an identity is similiar to other gender identities such as nonbinary or genderqueer! It can be thought of as an in-between of male and female or a combination of both. Some people who identify as intergender may also identify as transgender, while others see themselves as cisgender and identify with their assigned gender at birth! 

There is discussion among the crowd as cats try to make sense of all this new information. 

Gaystripe: No matter what the eventual consensus may be, I hope everyone finds something that they're comfortable and happy with! Now, who's ready to party again?

An excited roar comes from the audience, the group of intergender cats leading the cheer. 

Gaystripe: You heard them, DJs! Now HIT IT! Let's all celebrate INTERGENDER PRIDE!

The music starts up again while the stage lights dim, being replaced by colourful disco lights. Gaystripe hops off the stage right into a group of waiting cats. Laughter bubbles up in the audience again, each and every member looking forward to and appreciating yet another day of Pride.