Best Thing: Part K: Chapter Ten:

Caitlin was rushed into the O

Caitlin was rushed into the O.R. immediately, Cassidy & Harvey decided to interrogate Garrett, so Nash won't do something that he will regret, A nice nurse directed him & Joe into the waiting room, that was private. Joe said, "Everything will be okay, Bubba, Just stay positive, & she will be fine, & you guys can go on your romantic vacation, that you had arranged". Nash said with a sad sigh, "I hope you are right, Bubba, Hope you are right", Joe said with a smirk, "Of course I am right, I never stirred you wrong with the big stuff", The Latin Cop was worried about his best friend, & he thought it was best to call in the calvary, Nash's father, & have him be brought here from his trip.

Cassidy, & Harvey did not get anything out of Garrett, or his cohorts, Finally, Cassidy lost her cool, when Garrett called her "Little Girl", & she beat the crap out of him, It took Ronnie, Nash's personal bodyguard, & best officer that he had, & Harvey to get her off of him, She went downstairs to cool off, & have a soda, while the computer genius said taunting him, "Ohhh, You got your ass kicked by that little girl, Why don't you sit down, Bubba ?, I will get our best doc out here to fix that nose for you", He nodded to Ronnie, who roughly picked up Garrett, & sit him back in his chair, with his nose dripping blood.

Meanwhile, Joe & Nash were waiting on word on Caitlin's condition, The Handsome Captain was at his wit's end, & he exploded as he exclaimed, "What the hell is taking so long ?, I mean the damn surgery is suppose to be over an hour ago, When are we gonna get word ? !", He was on the verge of tears, & Joe was afraid of this happening, he comforted his best friend, til Nick showed up, & said with a comforting tone, "Son ?", as he took his son from Joe, Joe nodded at the officer by his side, his "thanks", & he left, Joe whispered to Nick, "Nadia is more than welcome to stay over, as long as it needed, I will protect her with my life", Nick smiled, & said, "Thanks, Joe, For everything", Nash looked up at his best friend with a watery smile, "Thanks, Bubba", Joe smiled back, & said, "Anytime", He left the father/son duo to their privacy, & made sure that everything goes good for Caitlin's case, so it will be ready for trial.

Inger was sitting with a glass of wine, she hadn't touched it, since she poured it, she was so worried about her friend, & Nash of course, she knew that something was wrong, cause Joe hadn't talked her since that evening, & she hopes that everything is okay. "If Joe doesn't call me back, I will call the SIU, & get the info from Cassidy or Harvey", she thought to herself, A little while later, when she didn't hear from Joe, she was about to call the SIU, when all of sudden, her husband came through the door, looking exhausted, she went & got him a beer, then got him settled, so they can talk.

"We found her, & got the bastard", Joe said with a sigh of relief, Inger just hugged him tightly to her, & he felt so much better being in his wife's warm embrace, & it was like she was the answer to everything, they stayed there in silence, holding each other, til Joe broke it, "She was savagely raped, Ing, My God, If we hadn't gotten there, like we did, she could had been shipped out of the country, or worse dead", "But she isn't, & that is all thanks to you guys, she is safe & home with her family, & Nadia has her mother back", "You always make me feel better, You know that ?", Inger said with a smile, "Well, when I married you, It came with a manual, so I knew what to expect", Joe just laughed, & it was music to the swedish lady's ears, Joe sighed once more, & asked, "Do you mind if we just snuggle in bed ?, I don't ever want to let you go", Inger smiled a bigger smile, & said, "I would like that", & they walked hand-in-hand to their bedroom, & got ready for a peaceful slumber.

Dr. Conners, who was in charge of Caitlin's case, finally came out of the O.R., said, "Captain Bridges, Mr. Bridges ?", Both men nodded, indicated to her that they have the right people, The Good Doctor nodded, & said, "They told me that your father was gonna be here, so it's good, I just want to let you know that Caitlin made it through the surgery with flying colors, She will have a long recovery ahead because of the trauma, physical, & emotional, But I don't see any further complications, I have a suggestion of a support group, Give us an hour, we will have her in a private room", she handed him a card, He thanked her, & she went to her rounds, Nick & Nash just hugged it out, & celebrated, letting their emotions out.

Cassidy came by, after Harvey shooed her out of the SIU, insisting that he & Joe can handle the details of the case, making sure that Garrett stays in custody. She kissed her grandfather on the cheek, & her father on the top of his head, as they kept vigil by Caitlins's bedside, she kissed her love one, & future stepmom, on the cheek, & said softly to her, "Come back to us, Caitlin, We need you, love you, & miss you", Nash smiled at her daughter, glad that these two women remained close, even after their break-up, Nick noticed her knuckles, & asked, "What the hell happened to your knuckles ?", Cassidy casually filled them in, Nash smiled a real smile since the ordeal happened, "That's my girl", he said proudly, & they continued to sit by Caitlin's bedside, showing their love & support, willing her to wake up, so they can start acting like a family.