Best Thing: Part M: Chapter Twelve:

Caitlin's recovery was going well as expected, Even her doctor, Dr

Caitlin's recovery was going well as expected, Even her doctor, Dr. Conners was very impressed, She also warned her to go easy, as the injuries need to heal, & her body is adjusting to the meds, The Former MCD Officer was less than thrilled to be bedridden, But she has no choice in the matter, Nash is gonna be sticking to her like glue. She was so miserable too on top of it, cause she misses her baby, & can't wait to get home to her, & just kiss her senselessly, & never let her go.

Nash noticed that Caitlin was acting strangely, so he talked to Harvey & Joe about it, He expressed his concerns to them, & this is what they said to him, "I think that you should just leave it alone, Nashman, She will come to you when she is ready", Harvey nodded in agreement, & said, "Joe's right, Don't pressure her, She doesn't need that at the moment, Just continue being the supportive lover & man that you are to her," Nash knew that his friends were right, & just decided to wait til Caitlin comes to him. He hopes it sooner than later.

Caitlin felt well enough to do a run in the park, & she makes sure that she carries her gun with her, & it was such a beautiful day out, As she was going by her favorite spot in the park, Memories of what she went through plagued her, as they came faster, the faster she ran. She was running at full force, trying to escape Garrett, & what he represented to her, It was getting too much for her, that she found a tree, & went behind it, she puked up her lunch, & she lets out her tears of pain, sadness, & frustration out, til the tears dried up, & she felt better.

Nash decided to cut his day short, & went home to find Nadia & Nick playing, Nick smiled at his son, & said, "Hello, Son, You're home early", "Yeah, Things at the SIU are finally back to normal, & I just want to spend some time with one of my favorite girls", He took Nadia from his father's arms, & she giggled, as he blew on her stomach. "How is Caitlin today, Dad ?", Nash asked full of concern, Nick sighed, & said, "She is hiding something, I could feel it, If she talks about it, It will help", The Handsome Man nodded, & said, "I will make a point to talk to her about it", & he got Nadia ready for a day of fun.

Later that night, Dinner was very peaceful, Nash, & Nick were playing checkers, Cassidy was reading a story to Nadia, who was falling asleep in her playpen, Caitlin was doing the dishes, & suddenly the memories came back, full of detail this time, & she gasped, as a dish fell, cutting her hand in the process, & it smashed to the floor, Cassidy was the first one up, & said, "Let me help you", Caitlin said abruptly exclaiming, "No !", which caught the three Bridges off guard, & she said with a sigh, "No, I mean, Thank you, Sweetheart, I got it", she quickly did first-aid on her hand, cleaned up the mess, & she went to the bedroom, to have a few minutes alone to herself.

Cassidy & Nick signaled that Nash should go after her, & he did, while they get whatever Caitlin missed, & make sure that Nadia was asleep, Caitlin bandaged her hand, & said, "I don't want to talk about it, Nash, I will apologize to Cassidy, I promise, She didn't deserve my wrath", Nash said, "Don't worry about it, We are concern about you, Talk to me, Baby, What's going on in that pretty head of yours ?", She let out some tears, & said, "I am having nightmares about what happened, & I can't sleep, I am terrified of going to sleep, Also, i am afraid of that you think I am dirty, That's why you won't touch me", Nash sighed, & said to her, as a response.

"Baby, I am giving you the space, & respect that you deserve, I mean you went through something awful, Sex is the last thing on my mind, But I am completely in love with you, I am in this for the long haul, Nothing you do, did, or happened to you would never change that, Got it ?", Caitlin nodded, as she sniffled, & composed herself, saying, "Yeah, I got it", "Good, Cause I mean it", & she smiled, & Nash smiled bigger, as he said, "There's that beautiful smile, I know & love !", & they embraced, & he asked, "How about that dream vacation I told you about, huh ?", Caitlin nodded, & said, "Sounds really good", & they embraced tighter, enjoying the moment of silence between them, Then they went to join their other love ones.