Best Thing: Part O: Chapter Fourteen: Epilogue:

Nash woke up & smiled, as he thought of the night before, & how he & Caitlin reaffirmed their love together, But something is still standing in their way of true happiness

Nash woke up & smiled, as he thought of the night before, & how he & Caitlin reaffirmed their love together, But something is still standing in their way of true happiness. He wants to get rid of it, before they can truly move on, & live their rest of their lives with each other. He smiled, & went to arrange a romantic breakfast for his lady love.

Joe arrived early, & watched as Garrett was being transported to the county jail, "We are gonna move on your former associates, We are getting the warrants, as we speak". Garrett said nervously, "The deal is still going through ?", Joe said, "Yes, You are gonna be protected, & be locked up, like Fort Knox", Garrett nodded, & knew that Joe doesn't lie, He said to him, "I will be ready to testify if you need me", Then he got into the van, & Joe stood there, thinking that everything will go according to plan.

Nash tipped & paid the server, as he rolled in the food cart, He left wishing them a good day. Nash took a rose from a plate, & leaned over Caitlin's sleeping form, & caressed the side of her face, & she moaned out in pleasure. Nash chuckled, & said, "Time to wake up, Babe, I got us a romantic breakfast spread". Caitlin woke up slowly, & said smiling to her lover, "Not with a couple of kisses", They shared a couple of kisses, & they ate the wonderful food.

Harvey, SWAT, & Mullin arrived at the hangout of Garrett's former associates, Mullin said to the computer genius, "On your word, Inspector", Harvey quickly checked the situation over, & he said exclaimed, "Go !", & they went through at a fast speed, & arrested everyone, There was a shootout, but no fatalities, Harvey said to his collar, "Enjoy Rikers, It will be your home away from home for a long time, You Son of a bitch", as he pushed him through the door, & they took their collars back to the SIU. Everyone will be glad when the case is over.

Nash noticed that Caitlin was silent, while they are having their breakfast, & he said to her pleading, "Baby, Talk to me, I know that something is bothering you, You will feel better if you do", She shook her head, & said, "No", "Cait...", Caitlin suddenly got angry, & blew up & said, "No, Leave me alone !", she said exclaiming, as she was trying to compose herself, "Baby, We can't live like this, You can't live like this, Let it out", She calmed herself down, & said with emotion, "I just don't want to be dirty to you", "You will never be dirty to me", Nash said, as he kissed her tears away. They shared a sweet kiss, & then it turned passionate, & they ended up making love for the rest of the morning.

The trial was pushed quickly, & every piece of evidence was introduced, Harvey & Joe gave great testimonies, which made their case strong, even without Nash. But what brought them over the top, was Garrett testifying, & was rushed back to prison, & to be put back in Solitary Confinement. Harvey & Joe can't wait to tell everybody, when Nash & Caitlin gets back from their vacation, so they can celebrate their victory. They have no idea that something big was gonna happen.

Nash convinces Caitlin to go on a walk with him, & they were walking hand in hand on the beach, as they were enjoying the sunset, as they were walking towards the restaurant. Suddenly, He got on one knee, & the former MCD Officer gasped, realizing what Nash is doing. "Caitlin Cross, I love you so much, You make me very happy, Continue to make me happy, Do me the honor of becoming my wife", she said with happy tears, "Yes, I will, Yes, I will marry you", He smiled, as he slipped the ring on her finger, they shared a kiss, Then they called their love ones, & head out to dinner afterwards.

When they came back, they were surprised by an engagement party being thrown for them, "Congratulations", Joe said, as he hugged them both, & kissed Caitlin on the cheek. "We are so happy for you", Inger & Cassidy said in unison with big smiles on their faces, "All the best", Harvey said, as he hugged the happy couple. Nick smiled, & said, "It's about damn time", mirroring Harvey's gesture, & he whispered into Caitlin's ear, "Welcome to the family, Sweetheart", Joe & Harvey filled them in on the details of closing the case, & the trial, Caitlin never felt such relief, & they really celebrated.

The day of the wedding came, & everything was in place, Nadia was going to be taken care of by Inger, & Joe, Harvey will be back-up, just in case. He will also have her over, cause Anna will let him have Jerry for some quality time. The ceremony went off without a hitch, & Nadia was happy to see her father, He took her from Inger's arms, & said, "I love you too, Shortcake, But you stay with Auntie Inger", Once it started, & everyone was in position, Nash & Caitlin declared their love for each other.

Then, they did traditional vows, & slipped rings on the other's fingers, When the priest declared them to be husband, & wife, Everyone went wild, & cheered. Then the reception was a huge success, & everyone was having a great time, til it was time for Nash & Caitlin to leave for their honeymoon. The Others saw them off to their limo, When they got there, They spent no time in ravishing the other, & have fun in the shower, & in bed. Once, Nash was asleep, Caitlin thought she could be pregnant again, "It would be the perfect way to start our new life together", she smiled, as she was thinking to herself, & then she joined her new husband in a peaceful slumber, as they were dreaming about their new future.