A Smile

Regina's POV

I wake up to my alarm like I do every morning. I slip out my comfy covers and into my walk-in closet. Time to get dressed. I put on a long sleeve red shirt. V-neck and it's very nice. I put on a black pencil skirt and then black pumps. I go into the bathroom and put on my face. Red lip. Next is hair and I straighten it and curl the ends. I have to make breakfast and then get Henry up. That's the morning routine. Today for breakfast I'm making homemade cinnamon waffles. Strawberries and only a little bit of chocolate and whipped cream. I don't need him being hyper when he begged me and gave me the puppy eyes so I have to give in. I smile thinking of those old memories before he started to hate me. I sigh and get his lunchbox from the lower cabinet that holds all his different ones. I make him a turkey with lettuce and tomatoes sand which. He also likes mustard on it for some odd reason. I cut off the crusts and then I cut them into twos in triangles. I slip that into a zip locked bag. Next are snacks. Cut up an apple. I make sure to peal the skin off. Then a pack of gushers and four chocolate chip cookies. I get a piece of paper and write a note like I do everyday.

I love you Henry -Mom

I put a mint and a sanitary napkin in there. Then I close it and set it on the island. I go upstairs and then knock on Henry's door.

"Come in." I walk in and see his bathroom light on. I walk in to see him in his uniform. Khaki pants. Black dress shoes. A black and red sweater vest over a white button up. I fix his collar and then his black tie.

"I can do it myself." He says as he's trying to comb through his hair.

"Can I?" I ask him and he sighs letting his hands fall. He nods and I reach down under the sink getting the detangler.

"That's why you brush it when you wash in the shower Henry."

"I made waffles. It's downstairs. So it your lunch. Turkey fine?" I ask.

"Yeah." He walks away and a tear slips from my eye. I wipe it away and put his comb and stuff away. I flick the light off and go downstairs. I go to my room to brush my teeth and then he's already finished by the time I get downstairs. I clean his plate and set it on the drying rack.

"Okay you've got ten minutes. Don't be late please."

"Whatever." He grabs his lunchbox and I walk him to the door.

"Henry. I love you."

"Sure."

"Henry I know you think I do but I'm never going to stop saying it because I do. Henry I love you so much." My voice starts to waver and I look away.

"I just don't get why you don't see it."

"I get out of school early."

"I know. I'll be there to pick you up."

"Can I go see my real mom?" My heart shatters but I try to keep myself together.

"I don't know Henry. I don't trust this woman." He walks away and then I drive to my office. Once I get there I see my assistant.

"Sydney needs to see you." Rose says and I nod.

"He does everyday doesn't he?"

"That's because he's in love with you." I shake my head and unlock the door. She follows me inside and sets a stack of papers on my desk.

"That's all?"

"Until Graham drops off his." I nod and sit down.

"Thank you Rose."

"No problem Madame Mayor." I get started once I hear the door to my office close. Paper and paper after paper.

"Miss Mills, Emma Swan is here to see you. Do you know who that is?" I nod.