Secrets Told

Regina's POV

I get dressed like any normal day. Blue long sleeve shirt. Black pencil skirt. Black pumps. Make up then hair. Go downstairs. Lunch for Henry. Left over pasta from last night. It goes in a heating container that keeps it warm and fresh. Pineapples today. Oreos and skittles. A note and gum along with a napkin. I set it down. Make breakfast. Pancakes. Banana nut pancakes. I go back upstairs and open Henry's room door.

"Go away. I don't need your help."

"Breakfast is ready." I say and I walk back downstairs. There's a knock on the door and I check the time. 6:45. I open the door to see Miss Swan. Looking more tired that usual. Instead of the hideous red leather jacket it's now blue. Great!

"Morning Madame Mayor."

"Good morning Emma." Henry runs down the stairs and I don't even say it. He's not going to listen to me anyway.

"Emma?"

"Morning kid." He hugs her and smiles. A genuine smile.

"What are you doing here?"

"Your mom is letting me take you to school."

"Letting you?" He looks at me and shakes his head. He walks away and I look down.

"You okay?" I hear the annoying blonde ask.

"Fine." Five minutes later. I clean Henry's dish and hand him his lunchbox.

"I hope leftovers are fine."

"Whatever." I walk him to the door.

"Ready kid?" His birth mother asks.

"Yep!"

"Have a good day Henry." My voice cracks, Emma and Henry look at me in shock. I don't cry in front of people.

"I love you. Don't be late." I close the door and turn around and cover my mouth. I slide down the door and pull my knees to my chest. I set my head on my knees crying.

"I don't know what I have to do." After an hour. I get up and wipe my eyes. I fix myself in the mirror and pull my skirt down. I go upstairs to find my phone. I call Rose.

"Madame Mayor. I was just about to call. I came in today and you're not here. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine thank you. If it's not a problem for you can you bring my paperwork. I'm not feeling too well. I'll do work from home and bring it in tomorrow."

"Of course. What about Sydney?" She asks and I sigh. Him.

"I'll see him here. Thank you Rose."

"No problem Mayor Mills." I put on my glasses and there's a knock on my door 15 minutes later. Rose hands me all the paperwork and I go into my at home office and set everything on my desk.

"Thank you."

"Mayor Mills. I've known you 10 years. You can tell me what's wrong you know? I know your moods. When your happy, sad, mad, frustrated. And recently you've been sad. Sadder than I've ever seen you. And I've never seen you cry but you look like you're going to break down every time I see you." I take a deep breath.

"You know Henry's adopted right?"

"But he looks and acts like you."

"Miss Swan, that's his birth mother. Ever since I told him he was adopted he's hated me. He keeps running away and I don't know what to do anymore. It's a closed adoption so Emma can't really take him but he doesn't want to be here. He doesn't love me."

"He loves you Regina."

"You can leave now."

"Have a good day. Call me if you need anything." I nod and she leaves. I push my glasses up on my nose and sit down. I cross my legs and get to work.