I Want To

Regina's POV

I get up and I put on pair of nude dress pants with a black blouse and my black closed toed heels. I curl my hair and then do my makeup. I head downstairs and I make a quick coffee and I chug it down before heading out the door and to my office. I see Rose who opens the door for me.

"Thank you."

"Of course. You're mother scheduled an appointment to see you at 9."

"My mother is here?" I ask nervously.

"I guess so. Do you want to cancel? I can tell her something came up."

"No thank you, I'll see her at 9 thank you so much for telling me." I put my purse down and then I sit and open my laptop. I reply to emails and I see one from my mother.

To: ReginaMills@yahoo.com
From: CoraMills2@yahoo.com
Subject: Coming Into Town

Good Morning Mayor,

     I will be coming in to see you at 9 am this morning sharp. I'm sure your lovely assistant must have told you already. She said she would inform you and let you know about it when you come in so I'm just checking in now. I'll be in town for a week. And I'm hoping you'll open up your home and let me stay. Along with your sister and her lovely fiancée Hades. They are soon to be married and you are invited.

I exit out the email and type in Zelena. I see one from her and I open in.

To: ReginaMills@yahoo.com
From: ZelenaMills-West@yahoo.com
Subject: I'm Getting Married!

Hello Little Sis,

     It's Zelena. I am inviting you to my wedding. It's in Barbados. For a week. I will send you the links to the resort we will be staying at. I hope you are able to come. If you want to add a plus one you can. Henry of course doesn't count because he's family. I hope you can make it. Love Sis!

I look up at the clock and then I see the door open. It's my mother. I quickly stand and make my way to her.

"Oh my have you gotten skinny Regina. Do you ever have time to eat?" I give a weak smile. She is already picking me apart and she got here 1 second ago. Lovely.

"I'm a busy woman mother but lovely to see you too."

"I hope not too busy to eat. Shouldn't you have a husband by now?"

"No. I'm happy with myself." I lie because I'm so happy with Emma even though we aren't together. I'm happy being her friend? Girl? Someone who kissed her once and has no idea what it meant.

"Earth to Regina?"

"Sorry mother. It's been quite a busy week."

"I'm sure it has." She walks to my couch and sits down. I sit behind my desk when Rose walks in.

"Madame Mayor?"

"Yes Rose?"

"I have your papers for today. Miss Swan should be stopping by around 2 for your other paperwork. Not a lot today." She sets it down on my desk.

"Thank you." She nods and walks or closing the door.

"You call her by her first name?" Mother asks.

"Yes."

"She's your assistant Regina."

"She's also a human being mother. And I've known her long enough. She still respects me."

"Sure she does." The door opens and the first thing I see is Emma and then I see coffee and a brown paper bag. I hide the smile that so badly wants to come out. She makes me smile like crazy. I kind of hate it but love it.