Lunch For Two

Regina's POV

I couldn't even sleep last night. There's a knock on the door and I open it to see Miss Swan.

"What are you doing here?"

"Last night you didn't seem okay." I let her in and I lock my door. I turn around and push my hair behind my ear nervously.

"I-I'm fine. Just um.. I-I'm fine." I walk into the kitchen and pour coffee.

"You didn't have to come."

"I was worried about you."

"Why? You've know me what two days now? Three?"

"You're my sons mother."

"That sounds weird." I say and she laughs. There's another knock on the door.

"I'm sorry. I'll be right back." I get the door to see Graham.

"I have some pictures I need to show you."

"Do you want coffee?" I ask and he nods. We go into the kitchen and I make him some coffee.

"Emma." Graham says and she smiles.

"Hi." He sets it down.

"These are of you. In his home and he has a collage of you like everywhere Regina." Graham says and I grab the folder. I open it and quickly shut it.

"Have your deputy's seen this?" I ask embarrassed.

"They were with me."

"Graham!" I say in shock.

"Don't be embarrassed, they will be professional about it."

"Doesn't change the fact that they saw me naked. How does Sidney have this?"

"I don't know."

"I mean that's weird. I'm the mayor and our sheriff department has seen me naked." I put my head in my hands.

"How long can he be in jail?"

"Up to five years."

"Only five years?"

"Yeah."

"I just can't believe he would do that."

"Me either." He says and I take his mug and wash it. He leaves and I sigh.

"He likes you."

"Miss Swan." I say and she smiles.

"He does."

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm worried about you Regina."

"We'll become un-worried and leave my home."

"Have you gotten any sleep?" She asks and I look over at her and sigh.

"Miss Swan what do you want from me? Do you want my son? He doesn't even want to be here so kissing my bum won't make it easier. I'm sure he'll leave with you gladly and I can't fight you in a custody battle because he obviously wants you so-"

"I'm not trying to take him from you. I don't want that." She says cutting me off

"Well the longer you stay the worse it gets for me Miss Swan."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. Even if he couldn't find you, he would still hate me." I take a long sip of my coffee. God only knows how much I need this seeing as I haven't been able to sleep because Sidney has me freaked out.

"No but for real Regina did you sleep at all last night?"

"Miss Swan please go. Or get out my way. I need to get ready for the day and you're in my way." She moves and I take my mug and clean in.

"I'll be downstairs in a little to get breakfast started. I would tell you to leave but I have a feeling you won't be leaving anytime soon so don't make a mess." She nods and I walk away. I go upstairs dragging my tired body. I could sleep all day I'm so drained. I have so much work to do and now with this whole thing going on. Even more paperwork. I take a shower. I was away the feeling of dirt on my body. I just feel disgusted knowing Sidney was watching me. How did he see me? I wrap a towel around myself once I get out I walk over to the window in my bathroom. I look out and then I close the blinds quickly and go in my closet. I pick out clothes. I'm wearing a tight black dress it's about a little higher than my knee which I don't normally do but I guess today I will. It's pretty low cut in a v-neckline showing just a little cleavage. I'm still the mayor so not a lot. I put on a red blazer and then black knee high heeled boots. I do my hair and makeup with a red lip of course. I go downstairs and I walk into the kitchen to make some breakfast. Green apple pancakes. Henry likes red apples more but he likes the sour ones as well. I'm more of a red apple person. I get two plates. I make one for Henry and Emma. I reach over and set the plates down on the island table behind the sink. I get two cups and fill them with orange juice. I get out the syrup and whipped cream as well. I walk into the living room to see Emma watching cartoons.

"Miss Swan do you ever act your age?"

"What do you mean?"

"Breakfast is on the island and ready."

"Yes! I'm starved!" She says jumping up and I bite back a smile.

"Maybe you should go get Henry. He probably doesn't want to see me."

"Regina-"

"Madam Mayor." I correct and she sighs.

"Regina..... Even if he doesn't want to you shouldn't stop. He's just going through something. Maybe he feels lonely."

"He has me! How could he feel lonely? I've done nothing but love him. Yes I'm strict but I was raised that way too. He's met my parents he knows how strict my mother was. That's all I know! I can't be anything else. I'm trying here and he's not putting in a quarter of the effort because he doesn't care. But it doesn't matter. Even if he doesn't want my love he's gonna get it because I'm his mother and I love him." I walk away going upstairs. I knock on his door and then I walk in.

"Breakfast is ready."

"Whatever." He walks past me and I close my eyes. I shake my head and swallow my sadness. I go downstairs to see them eating. Gosh they look so alike stuffing food down their throats like they both haven't eaten in years. I start on Henry's lunch. I get crackers put those in the tupaware. I then get the two different cheeses he loves and I cut them into small squares and out that in there. I put some grapes in smaller one. Then chocolate and bananas are rolled in dough and I made that last night. I give him four of those and some m n' m's.

"Ohh I want lunch too Regina."

"How old are you Miss Swan?"

"28 why?"

"Wow I was going to say 5."

"Rude." I hum and get another thing of tupaware out. I make her the same lunch. Giving her more crackers and less fruit. More snacks too. I put in a train metal lunchbox and then Henry's in a small one. I write him a note with a small sanitary napkin and a mint. I write Emma a note as well and give her the same. I hand them both the lunchboxes and then I take their plates and clean them.

"Off to school Henry." He goes to the door and Miss Swan smiles at me.

"Coffee today?"

"Please don't bother me. I have a lot of work."

"Mhm." She walks out and I close the door shaking my head.

1234 words