Maid 2.

"Mama always told me be careful of who you love and be careful of what you do, because the lie becomes the truth," Billie Jean, Michael Jackson

I dreaded it.

"Thank you for sharing your ideas, Francis," The lecture hall clapped in unison as the guy on the podium, stepped down, claps from the audience following him.

Presentations.

They were hell incarnate. "Next we have," Professor Keaton looked at her roster, furrowing her brows as she scanned over the pitched flooring, her eyes looking among the tiered seating for one in particular. I would have been okay had I not have remembered that there was no one else after Francis Miller in the roster besides— "There you are, Mr. Moore," Professor Keaton clapped gleefully as the students in the room turned to look at me, aware that I was going to turn into a tomato on site. I could feel myself starting to sweat as I smiled uncomfortably, wishing that I could die. "Well?" Professor Keaton motioned for me to come up and I gripped my thumb drive, having an instant thought of jamming it into her neck.

How fuckin' dare she expose me like this?

With trepidation, I slowly rose up like the dead, avoiding eye contact with my seat neighbors as I drudged myself down the steps, the podium antagonizing me as it got closer and closer. "Hand me your drive, please." The professor held her hand out, unbeknownst to my inner turmoil and I placed it in her hand, telling myself to get this presentation over with. I stepped behind the desk, my project loading onto the projector behind me, my hands gripping the sides for dear life. "Whenever you're ready, sweetheart," Professor Keaton gave me a warm smile and I nodded, swallowing deeply as thoughts from the past slowly made their way into my mind.

A foot slammed into my spine, pain erupting in my brain. "Someone like you, a CEO?" Another kick rocked my spine and I whimpered, rolling myself into a ball as I cried. "Don't be fucking delusional." There was a series of laughter as fists and feet plagued my body, blood threatening to shoot out of my mouth. "A god damn fag like you would never make it that far."

I took a deep breath, shaking my head as I began. "Hello. My name is E-Ezra Moore and today, I will be discussing a SWOT analysis of the future company that I plan to build." I breathed rapidly, unsure if they understood me or not. Judging by the looks on their faces, they could seem to care less and it made me want to shoot myself on the spot. "As an aspiring CEO, one must be c-constantly aware of the ins and outs of their company, its statuses, its supplies, and demands." I was sure that my hands were waving around me, gesturing with every word that I said and there was nothing that I could because my hands were a life of its own. "One must also be aware of what makes their company different, what makes their company strong and useful to consumers in order to develop an e-excellent business." My face was red and hot to the touch, and it didn't help that the class just stared at me.

I clicked to the next slide.

"So the first strength of my company is its internal resources such as its workers with their skilled knowledge..." I began relaying into each part of the presentation, telling myself to be calm and think of the audience in their underwear. It didn't work, but it allowed me to be calm.

Minutes later, I was relieved from my external doom.

"Thank you, Mr. Moore!" The class clapped and I felt a sag of relief in my shaking knees. That was enough to tire me out for the entire year. I sighed as the professor allowed us to leave, blending in with the crowd as I exited the lecture hall. It was sad because I knew no one here besides Travis. I made sure that my keys and phone were in my pocket, glad that I was done for the rest of the day. I made my way outside, the sun blinding me deeply. "What's good, man?" I heard a familiar voice as a body bumped into my side. "Nuttin'," I replied as my best friend came close to me, a smile on his face. "Ezra, put a god damn smile on that o' grumpy face of yours." Travis rolled his eyes and I chuckled, pushing my frames up. We walked towards the parking deck in silence, content with each other's presence.