Maid 33.

"When there's madness, when there's poison in your head, when the sadness leaves you broken in your bed, I will hold you in the depths of your despair," In the Name of Love, Martin Garrix & Bebe Rexha

The atmosphere was awkward, to say the least. 

The chill of the frosty December air drifted through the small little coffee shop as I looked at Travis from across the table, wondering why he was doing the most and avoiding all eye contact, then I turned my gaze to Jude, who was smiling and staring straight at Nishan. This dude really had no shame. 

"So..." I broke the disgusting silence. "We obviously need to talk about what everyone refuses to talk about," I said with a raise of my brow. "So you two are a thing?" I asked with a point of the finger to Jude and Travis. Jude nodded enthusiastically, flicking his gray eyes over to a blushing Travis. 

It made sense but it didn't at the same time, how Travis was acting. He was probably struggling with coming to terms with how he was feeling about this whole situation, but it didn't make sense with how he was treating me differently than he was treating everyone else. "First of all," Nishan spoke in a strange way, probably uneasy because this was his best friend that he was talking to and from what I had heard, he hadn't talked to him in a month or so.

"Why were you in my parents' house?" He questioned and Jude sighed. "Travis was a bit nervous about going somewhere that was in public because he didn't want anyone outside of his mom to know," I was offended but I wasn't because I did keep my secret from him. "So Eve came to me to offer a vacant room on the second floor because she was sure neither you or Ezra would come," He explained and I blinked, slowly nodding.

"So," Nishan narrowed his eyes. "So did you really have a business trip to Japan, or was that just your excuse?" Jude pouted at him and Nishan sighed, standing up to walk outside. He was probably hurt but he had to understand that Jude probably hid it because he wasn't sure of where Nishan stood on the topic of gay people. Last I saw Jude, he was defending me against the slurs that came out of Nishan's mouth. 

"Nishan, wait!" Jude got up and ran after him. I didn't think that this would make or break their friendship. They had been friends for thirteen years and something was bound to give, so things would be okay. 

"Travis, why won't you look at me?" I grumbled, moving to sit next to him. He didn't flinch or anything, but he didn't move. We just sat in silence, watching the people in the shop talk and walk about, reminiscing in the presence of each other. "I was in love with you," Travis finally said and I sighed. 

"I know." 

I finally put two and two together some time ago. "But I figured you wouldn't see me in that way, so I took some time off to try to get over you. I knew there was no way that you would look at me the way you look at him," He muttered, referencing Nishan. "And why's that?" I questioned and he sighed heavily. "I would've kept trying, but I realized that it was too late when he started to smile at you when he thought you weren't looking. The day I met him, the day I dropped you off," Travis shook his head, sitting up in his seat.

"I knew right and there that I had lost you to him."

I went to ask how he knew that, but he beat me to the punch, taking a sip of his cappuccino. "He looked at me as if he was going to murder me and find several ways to make it looked like I killed myself," I raised a brow and Travis snorted. "But it's alright now," I looked at him to see him staring at Jude outside, the stars in his eyes. "I found someone for me," He snickered and I punched him in the arm, enticing a hiss from him. "Ow, Ez, what the fuck, man?" He flashed his angry brown at me and I sneered. "Ignore me and treat me like you did, I will rip your balls off, one by one," I growled, pinching him so he knew that I was serious.