Maid 25.

"As long as it's free, I want your love, love-love-love. I want your love, I want your drama. The touch of your hand, I want your leather studded kiss in the sand. I want your love," Bad Romance, Lady Gaga

"So who's the lucky guy?"

I nearly jumped to the ceiling as Lucia came up behind me to hand me a stack of papers, a curious look in her eyes as I tried to calm my racing heart. "What are you talking about?" I questioned and she put a hand on her hips, giving me that stern look. "Oh please, no need to pull that card on me. I've been in love and I've gotten married, I know the whole process, Mr. Moore," She smirked and I darted my eyes away.

"I know when someone is lost in their mind, thinking about that one person. I can tell when someone is stuck on that face in their mind," Lucia tilted her head, studying my red face. "You're smiling so hard and I didn't even have to say a name for you to know what I'm trying to say," She chuckled wholeheartedly while handing me the stack of papers, the weight of the stack superior to the thumps in my heart.

"If I'd say so myself, Nishan is a perfect fit for you, Mr. Moore," Lucia whistled and I nearly died on the spot. "W-what do you mean?" I hadn't stuttered in a while, but this woman was making it so easy. All she did was raise her brow in a knowing manner, seeing right through my innocent face. "No need to act so caught off guard," She turned around and leaned her back against the counter, resting as she looked at me.

"He's the only person that I've seen wait in cold rain just for you," She snorted with a gleeful grin, reminding me of the time last week that Nishan pulled up in his Benz, knowing full well that it was raining, and he decided to wait outside of the firm without an umbrella. When I asked him why he didn't just come inside and come find me, he pouted and said, 'but then I couldn't be that dashing hero that came to keep you safe from the rain.'

Needless to say, I went into cardiac arrest.

I had no idea what to say because I, myself, wasn't caught up yet with my feelings. I had never felt this way before, not even in high school. Sure, I had crushes, but those fizzled out earlier than expected. This, no, this was far more than a crush. Matter of fact, I skipped past the crush phase. This wasn't infatuation, I knew because I was far too gone to be someone who was just infatuated. I knew it wasn't because I knew his flaws and all and they didn't turn me away. Instead, I embraced them and all of who he was.

I recognized the beauty in him, the cute little quirks that he never knew he had, the way that he would smirk whenever he was about to say something sarcastic, the way that he turned his head so that he could stare deeply into my eyes, just the way he made me feel as if everything was going to be okay.

Aw, shit.

"I see things are clicking inside that mind, Mr. Moore," Lucia pushed herself off of the ledge, throwing a wink my way as she sauntered towards the entrance of the workroom. "Ah, young love. Please do so to make sure those files get the correct electronic signature so that we can move forward with the merging," She said and I slowly nodded, falling silent as the sudden realization.

I could feel my breath picking up, and so I put a hand on my chest to find that my heart was beating rapidly and that my cheeks were burning nonstop. I couldn't believe it, but I could because somewhere along the way, I took one tumble down and that was it for me.

I, Ezra Kendrick Moore, was in love with a man. Not just any man: Nishan Lawrence, a person that I told myself that I would always hate because he treated me so wrong when we first met. But I lied to myself from that point because as things turned around and secrets were exposed, I was the first person to see beyond that wall he put up and boy, it was a beautiful sight.