Maid 32.

"Living on my sofa, drinking rum and cola underneath the rising sun. I could give a thousand reasons why, but you're going, and you know that all you have to do is stay a minute. Just take your time," Stay, Zedd ft. Alessia Cara

"Oh," I raised a brow, catching onto the hidden meaning in her tone. "Is that right?" I bit back sarcastically, retreating my hands as I folded my arms, remembering that it was just in time for thanksgiving. Maybe she had some plot up her sleeve to earn herself my rightful seat at the table between Nishan and Natalie. Either way, I was not having it.

"So tell me," I took a step forward, garnering a narrow of her eyes. "How far back do you guys go?" I tilted my head, trying to understand why she felt the need to call me out. "Because if I recall," I tapped my chin, trying to think through past conversations that I had with Nishan. "He has told me about his past relationships and brief hookups and I don't remember him mentioning anything about you," I shrugged, seeing her cheeks redden in embarrassment. "Unless you changed your name," I smirked internally, gauging her reaction.

"So, Rylee, if you'd like to try this again, by all means, go ahead," I raised a brow, letting her know that I wasn't playing any games today. We may not have been on speaking terms, but I knew good and god damn well that I wasn't going to let anyone come in between us, especially not this person. I had never heard of this woman from Nishan unless he decided to keep quiet about that, so I wasn't going to let her intimidate me into thinking that she had the upper hand.

I loved that damn moody man too much for me to let go of him.

"Now, if you'll excuse me," I was saved by the bell as my phone started to ring and vibrate simultaneously, signaling that I had a call and a text all at once. "I have matters to attend to," I plastered a sweet smile on my face, heading to my car. I swear I could've heard her grunt in vengeance, but I didn't really care because I was tired of being that pushover. Today was the day. 

"Hello?" I said as I slid into my car, connecting the call to my Airpods as I checked the text from Natalie, telling me that she wanted me to come by to meet her new boyfriend and to give Noelani some kisses. "Well, well well, hello Mr. Moore," I grinned upon hearing the sound of my boss. "Hi! What's going on?" I questioned as she usually never called me. She typically said everything that she wanted to say when I was standing in front of her, so the fact that she called me was a surprise in itself.

"You graduate in two weeks, you know what that means, Ezra?" Lucia Bianchi clicking her teeth, speaking in such a bittersweet yet relieved tone. "Soon, I'll retire." She murmured and I said, realizing how big her shoes were. I was going to have to fill those entire shoes, with no spaces or gaps in between. It had to be perfect because she was counting on me. "That's true..." I whispered, unsure of how she felt about the situation. I knew how I felt. It was a great ass opportunity for someone straight off the bat and it was something I've been wanting to do for a long time.

"I'm sad because I've been in this position for 22 years ago, after having worked so hard to get here," She sounded so sad and I wished that I could offer her some words of comfort, but it didn't seem like she would want any. "But I'm happy," She popped back up with a perk in her voice as I turned the corner, heading towards the richest parts of San Antonio. "Oh, you are?" I surmised and she chuckled. "Yes, Ezra because I know my company will be in good hands with you. I have no doubts about my decision, so make sure to make me proud," Lucia said and I sighed, nodding even though I knew she couldn't see me. 

It was sad in a way because she was giving up her dream to fulfill mine and somewhere along the way, I was going to have to do the same.