Maid 7.

"If I listen to your lies, would you say, I'm a man without conviction. I'm a man who doesn't know how to sell a contradiction. You come and go, you come and go," Karma Chameleon, Culture Club

"Isn't he the cutest?"

Standing before me was the Chief of Police, decked out in a form-fitting uniform, a bit similar to the one he wore when he first pulled me over. He looked as effortlessly attractive as the media painted him out to be, and I hated that my heart jumped at the full sight of him. He was great on television but up close, he was something majestic. I wanted to retort back and tell him how much of a motherfuckin' jackass he was and tell him that he was shit for thinking the world revolved around him just because he was rich and famous.

Instead, I looked down at the ground, the traitorous blush of my cheeks burning like hell. He was extremely intimidating, his glare pinning me to the root of the area that I was standing in, daring me to speak. Jude pranced into the room with a smile, seemingly oblivious to the tension that increased tenfold. "No," Nishan grunted out as he wiped down the front of his uniform with his hand, his eyes never leaving me. "He's not," I shouldn't have felt so offended, considering that I heard those words for a long time, but it hurt.

"Aw, don't lie to him like that!" Jude groaned, coming to stand next to me. "Hey," He poked me with a smile and I hesitantly looked up at him. "What's your name?" He asked me and I went to speak, but a dark voice cut me off. "His name is Ezra Moore," Nishan recounted, cracking his smooth yet calloused knuckles, his eyes glaring daggers into my soul as he took in my apron wrapped around my waist. He spat my name so harshly, almost as if he was spitting acid on the ground. I flinched, totally confused. His personality had done a complete 180 because this was nowhere near the person that I saw on my way here that day. "What? How do you know that, bro?" Jude put a hand on his hips, staring back at Nishan, who just kept his fierce bore on little ole me. I felt like the room was gradually getting smaller and smaller, tightening up around the three of us. I was sure Jude wanted to know why Nishan looked as if he wanted to pound me into the ground.

"I had to pull the little fag over when he was speeding the otha' day," He folded his arms, his waves flowing and sitting perfectly on his neck. Really, there was no flaw about him except his cruel words. I held myself as I flinched sharply at the cruel word that came out his mouth, my teeth latching onto my lip to stop myself from tearing up. He really was no different from those high school bullies.

"Don't you use that word, Nishan!" Jude snapped, shaking his head as he clenched his teeth, standing close to me as if he was trying to protect me. "You know I don't like it." He grumbled and Nishan rolled his eyes, obviously not caring about his friend's feelings.

"Why? Just calling him like I see him."

There was a spark of anger that lit up in Jude's eyes. It was brief but it was strong. He narrowed his eyes with irritation and I questioned why he seemed so against that word when he was the best friend of the biggest LGBT opposer. He sighed, turning to me with a forced smile. "Don't mind him, cutie," Nishan snorted at the comment and I frowned. I did a lot of that lately. "He's just a man who's got a stick up his ass. Don't worry, I don't care what you are as long as you'll be my friend," Jude grinned, his eyes twinkling and I let out a breath of relief. I had no choice but to be his friend, considering he was the second one to hear me sing.

"S-sure," I stuttered, feeling a bit accepted. I wasn't going to confirm nor deny whether or not I was gay, because it would open a can of worms that I wasn't ready for. If Nishan's attitude was like this, who was to say that the rest of them wouldn't be? Some people had no idea how much their words hurt and it was sad. It was sad because I felt that prickling growth of rage in the pit of my stomach, but I didn't act on it.