Maid 8.

"Feel like I'm having a meltdown, feel like I'm losing control. They tell me I'm a danger to myself, but the crazy train is ready to roll," Cuckoo, Adam Lambert

Before I knew it, a month had flown by.

I wasn't even sure if I liked working here or not. Sure, the pay was absolutely great and I was able to coast life by, but it was the subliminal and glances and he said, she said, and I could see a whirlwind of drama unfolding soon.

Even if I wanted to leave and go get another job, I couldn't. Jobs in San Antonio were already hard enough as is because there were so many educational requirements for a job of a small caliber. Everyone had such high standards here, and it was completely ridiculous. So like it or not, I had no choice but to work here. It didn't even matter since my professor had pulled me to the side and told me some great news, news that would change my life.

"Are you for real, Ez?" I chuckled giddily into the phone as I adjusted the vases on the main tables that guarded the front door. "Yea huh," I breathed, not hearing the footsteps in the hallway behind me. I was too busy in my own little world. "Yup, Professor Keaton pulled me to the side after class and told me that she knew the secretary of the Bradley Constantino," I gushed, hearing Travis gasp all theatrically and whatnot. Yup, that was right. Bradley Constantino: the biggest and all-time business mogul that all of San Antonio respected. He was 37, going on 38, and he owned so many businesses in the heart of the city.

He had money, a lot of it. It was surprising that he wasn't an acquaintance of Eve and Leon, but I didn't worry too much about it. I was just excited because if I managed to get an internship with him, my career and networking circle would be sold for life. "And s-so she contacted her and asked if there was some way that I could get an interview and guess what?" I cheered. "She got me one!" I clapped my hands together, bouncing my hips to a random beat. "I'm going to be a CEO one day. I'm going to be a CEO one day!" I sang lowly, smile so bright. Damn, I couldn't remember the last time I had ever smiled that big.

"I'm so happy for you, man," Travis recited, giving me all of the confidence that I needed. This was my big break, everything that I needed to grow into the man that I needed to become. "You wanna go out this weekend, ya know to celebrate?" I asked, already knowing the answer. "Fa, sho', man. I'll hit you up later, a'ight?" I bid him farewell as I tapped the screen to end the call, sliding the phone into my pocket.

A few seconds later, I heard a snide chuckle and I nearly jolted, turning around to see who it was. There, leaning against the wall with his arms folded as he donned a white shirt and grey sweatpants, a firm set line on his lips as he stared at me coldly, was Nishan. 

"Fag."

I frowned deeply, narrowing my eyes at the ground. Even when he was making me upset, I couldn't find it in me to make eye contact, and it killed me. It made it seem like he had the upper hand on me because I was too much of a coward. But dear god, I hated him because he made me hate myself once again. 

"T-there's no need to call me a cigarette," I fiddled with my fingers, shifting awkwardly. "Hm?" He raised a brow, folding his arms. "You ain't seem all that scared when you were talking to your little boyfriend on the phone," He sneered, his eyes glazing over with disgust and I pressed my lips together, not even bothering to correct him. Let the bastard assume what he will. "Oh? You ain't got no words?" He smirked and I let out a sigh of frustration. He was itching for me to throw this vase at him.