⋆✵Addictions✵⋆

INSPIRED BY BEAUTIFUL BOY
-Timothée Chalamet

INSPIRED BY BEAUTIFUL BOY -Timothée Chalamet

Y/n walked closer to the door. Almost gaining the confidence to open it but loosing it for what seemed to be the hundredth time.

She knew she could've just ignored the whole situation by staying home and forgetting anyone even existed. But she knew she couldn't do it, especially to people who she loved and she loved him more than anything. Even if she was angry at him she owed it to herself to check on him, and let him see the look of concern/disappointment on her face.

For a while everything seemed to be going great. Y/n noticed him being and admitting to being happier than usual, he even looked healthier. Though he was only a few weeks clean, it looked like improvement. He was his true self those few weeks and she got a glimpse of who he really was without the drugs and alcohol. The person she first met.

He was 1 year clean when she'd met him and stayed like that throughout the first year they were together. But the last 2 years consisted of him once again falling back into old habits.

She felt like she'd failed him but everyone knew it was just Timothée who struggled with himself. The longest he'd been clean was the first year they started dating, if anything she was the reason he wanted to stay clean.

Here she was, right behind him again to show just how much she truly loved him. Except it wasn't at a rehab center or just another annual check up or in jail bailing him out. This time it was at a hospital because it had gone too far.

She'd be lying if she said she wasn't expecting the phone call every loved one of an addiction dreaded yet prepared to hear. The thought that had kept her wide awake for several night. She feared and almost felt as if she was waiting for the words "Timothée overdosed" to be heard. It's not that she wanted to hear them but it was because she knew it was a realistic scenario. The amounts and different types of drugs he'd been putting into his body were far far from a safe amount.

"Y/n?" Someone asked from behind her as she stood in-front of the door. Y/n turned around to look behind her and see Timothée's mom standing near her. Her teary eyes matched the heartbreak y/n had been enduring for the past two years. It made y/n's blood boil at the fact that Timothée put his family through this again and again. Maybe he was in more physical pain than anyone else but everyone who loved him hurt having to watch him do that to himself. Not to mention how saddened his mom looked.

"Nicole" y/n said before rushing over to her and accepting her into a hug. "I'm so glad you came" Nicole said as she pulled back and squeezed y/n's hand gently.

"He's been asking for you since he woke up." She informed y/n, looking over to the room he was in.

Y/n began to feel the guilt of even thinking about not coming to see him. "Yeah I would've came sooner but i-" she paused, struggling to come out with an excuse. She didn't want to lie, obviously she'd been too scared and slightly mad at him to come.