✧∘ Comfort||Timothée ∘✧

Hey guys!!! Sorry for the super slow uploads :(, just wanted to wish you an early Merry Christmas and let you know that I'm super thankful for 30k reads

✧✧——————————————————————————————✧✧

Timothée sat outside seated  comfortably in the plastic chair

Timothée sat outside seated  comfortably in the plastic chair. Sounds of tree leaves hitting one another and ocasional cars passing by filled his ears. Timothée found himself sitting outside more often when he felt like he needed room to clear his mind. It was more peaceful than sitting inside and hearing the muffled noises like laundry washing or the fridge turning to maintain temperature.  Sometimes being outside helped make the world go by a little easier than usual.

Y/n stayed inside making tea, occasionally looking out through the window to check on Timothée.

She tried to give him as much space as possible but it made her feel pity to just watch him smoke through several cigarettes and flip through multiple pages in his book at an attempt to get his mind off of things that bothered him. She didn't mind the occasional smoking, but it was when he smoked more than a few a day that she knew something was wrong.

It wasn't just the smoking, she had noticed it as soon he walked through the door after coming home from work. The frustration he held from work always carried through to her senses.  Bad days were normal and as much as she wanted to brush it away and let him be, she also knew that talking to him had more potential to help.

Timothée looked up from his book, getting a feeling that someone was looking over at him. His eyes locked on her's as he noticed the slight concern in her eyes. As much as sitting in silence was healing, having y/n around him made all the bad feelings subside. 

He flashed her a reassuring smile gaining back a smile and a small wave from her through the kitchen window. A smile that always reminded him of just how good life could get sometimes. It showed that he had someone he could trust and someone he could talk to and feel listened to. She was the safest person he had ever known to talk to. One of the many reasons he found himself utterly in love with her. 

Before he could wave her outside she turned around. Not in avoidance but to pick up the two cups of tea that sat behind her as she made her way outside to him.

He watched as she slowly disappeared from the kitchen window and reappeared at the back door, walking carefully the stone path that led to him as she balanced the cups in her hand.

Timothee shut his book and quickly put out his cigarette on the ashtray beside him, Pushing it as far away from him as he could. He always made the effort to not smoke around her. He cared far more about her health than his own.

"I was starting to wonder when you'd come out" he said with a smile, his mood uplifted by just her presence.

She set the cups down in the front of him moving one a little more further than him so she could sit right beside him. As soon as she sat down Timothée didn't hesitate to place his lips on her's , greeting her with the cure for all his pain emotional or physical.

She pulled back from the quick peck "well you looked like you needed space, and I was waiting on the tea" she responded. "sorry" he apologized, feeling like he was in wrong for bringing his negativity home. So regularly that y/n always seemed to know when he was having a bad day.

Y/n watched as his eyes glanced from her's to the surrounding behind her, she could see the apology through his words straight to his eyes.

"Why are you saying sorry?" She questioned slightly confused as to why he would be apologizing about something he couldn't control. He shrugged "It seems like i always come home exhausted, frustrated, or just angry all the time. I shouldn't bring it home to you, to us. " he explained.

She nodded, agreeing that he had been pretty frustrated these past few weeks. But she wasn't upset about it nor did she feel like he had to apologize. It was normal just as she'd have her bad days or weeks where Timothée would give her space and try to lift her mood. She was doing the same for him as a partner should do. 

"That's what home's for. Honesty and dependability right? Maybe you have been feeling a bit negative these past days but that doesn't mean you should apologize or shield it from me. If anything id be upset if you hid it from me and kept it inside all the time." She tried to give him insight as to how she felt about the situation.  He could feel her honesty through her voice, She didn't have to pry on him for him to talk to her, he knew he always had the opportunity to share anything with her and she would be there to listen.

"It's just work, this whole actor thing has been antagonizing. One day I get a good audition and the next it's like I'm not serious enough or I'm too serious or this and that. I just don't know if it's gonna work out like I want it to. That's what's killing me" he tried to explain. The more he talked the more y/n could understand why he'd been so stressed out. He always wanted things to work out and hated when they didn't or took forever to.

"Why is it killing you?" She questioned. Wanting him to open up more to her for the sake of his own well being. Talking about things always seemed to make him feel slightly better and she knew that.

"Because I feel like I have to quit acting to move on with my life and get closer to having a family with you one day. I don't want to be a failure and lose what we have. But I don't want to quit, I really want to keep trying" his voice spoke true dedication and willingness to push forward throughout everything but it was a hint of fear that stopped him from believing in himself.

But y/n wondered, if he seemed so confident to keep trying to get ahold of this acting career why was he making such a negative environment around himself.

She realized that the only thing holding him back wasn't something permanent or career-changing. It seemed like he was worried about his future more than the present

Y/n grabbed his hands in her's and shifted in her seat to look at him better, trying to show him how serious she was about the next words about to be spoken.

"Be patient Timothée, sometimes we hate to hear it but sometimes it just needs to be said. You don't need to be this big successful huge actor in order for us to move onto the next step in our lives. The only thing I need from you is for you to be happy and to do what you love. I don't want you to quit what you love and hate what you do for the rest of your life. If your so dedicated to this why would you stop? I'm not in a rush to have kids yet, we have plenty of time to grow old together. We're already a family"

She tried her best to sound as straightforward as possible. She needed him to really hear what she was trying to tell him and know that he just needed a little push.

It was crazy how conversations like these would eventually lead to the future he'd dream of. He was absolutely in love with her and knew that following her advise had always led him in the right direction.

He couldn't help but admire the way she spoke to him, so delicate yet forceful. "You're right. I'm just stressing out over nothing" he admited, truly feeling like he'd been wasting his time feeling bad for himself.
__________________________________

*im bad at endings