✧∘More than friends∘✧

THANKS FOR 21k READS!!

-Timothée Chalamet

Timothée sat in his car overthinking everything that came to mind

Timothée sat in his car overthinking everything that came to mind. He hadn't felt this nervous ever, not even for an audition.

He was so suddenly beginning to realize the impact y/n had on him. He'd always had an interest in her but never did he think he would fall in love with her.

Even if he enjoyed her as a friend he couldn't stand the idea that maybe all they'd ever be were friends. Once he started to interpret that the feelings he had for her were beyond just being friends he couldn't stop thinking about her. He started to think about his future and how he couldn't see her not being in it.

But now he was sitting in his car outside her house debating whether or not he wanted to admit his true feelings for her. The only thing that stopped him from going in and telling her was the idea that she might not feel the same. He didn't want to make things awkward and risk the relationship they had now.

He watched as his phone screen turned on with y/n's contact name, indicating she was calling him.

It took a couple rings before Timothée decided to pick it up and answer it.

"Hey, sorry I just got here. I'm headed up" he said taking his keys out of his car while keeping his phone up to his ear.

"Oh, it's okay. Traffic?" She asked, assuming he'd left a bit late as he usually always did and got stuck in traffic.

He stayed silent for a couple of seconds as he got out of his car and shut the door. "What" he asked, unable to focus on her words. All he could think about was how and what he was going to tell her when he saw her.

"Was there traffic? You know assuming you left late as usual" she joked. Timothée gave a small chuckle as he made sure his car locked. He'd actually left early because he knew he'd end up sitting in his car contemplating everything.

"Yeah, traffic. Crazy drivers" he made up as he nodded his head in agreement, even though he'd really been sitting in his car for the past 20 minutes debating on whether or not he should go inside.

"okay. Guess I'll see you in a minute" she said.

"Yeah" he gulped at the thought of only having a minute to mentally prepare himself. He wasn't ready now but he knew if he didn't tell her what was on his mind it would lead to him just not saying anything at all. He wanted to be completely honest with her and get things off his chest.