||1||

Evan checks his watch. Three minutes. He maintains his fast pace as he makes his way to his management's office block, a tall, menacing building that looms over its neighbours. He's just about on time when he walks into the meeting room after nodding to the receptionist, who waves him in. He is greeted by his manager Noah, who is sat at his desk on his laptop.

"Ah, Evan! Nice to see you." Noah pulls him in for a quick hug before settling down to business. Evan makes himself comfortable in the worn leather chair as Noah pulls out pieces of paper. He rifles through them in search of something while Evan absentmindedly picks at the broken leather. Noah finally seems to find what he was looking for before looking back up to Evan. He sighs. "It ain't looking too good, man."

Evan sits up at this. He hadn't noticed any issues. "What's not looking good?"

"Companies have been pulling ads because your views," he struggles to find the right words, "...aren't as high as they used to be."

"Why? My channel's still doing fine!"

"I know, and I agree Evan. Your success can't be denied but neither can the decline in views." Noah turns his laptop around, which displays Evan's channel. He scrolls down until he reaches videos from two years ago, with at least eight million views each. With one long scroll back to the top, the screen switches to more recent videos, views millions less.

Evan sighs, frustrated. "Alright, I get it. I can't help that though, Noah."

"Well..." Noah trails off.

"Well, what?"

"Delirious might be able to help. We've noticed that videos with him tend to do better, especially with your chemistry, if you get what I mean."

Evan pauses. "You need me to flirt with Delirious for views?"

"Basically." The two men chuckle at the oddity of the situation. "That's all I really needed you here for. So you're free to go." He stands up, offering Evan a hand. Evan grasps it and shakes it firmly.

"If that was all, I didn't need to come here. You could have told me over the phone, you dick." He laughs, joined by his manager. "See you Noah."

Once home, Evan is unsure. Does he really need those views enough to blatantly flirt with Delirious? Yeah. He sighs as he reaches for his phone. This is stupid, he thinks to himself while he dials Delirious' number.

"What do you want?" comes Delirious' mocking voice.

"Nice to talk to you too."

"I'm kidding, Evan. But really, what's up?"

Evan shifts his weight from one foot to the other as he tries to think of the least awkward way to tell his friend his situation.

"Nothing really. Um... I had a meeting with management today. I'm not getting ads because my views are down."

"Damn, I'm sorry man. Anything I can do to help?"

Evan can't hold back the laugh that escapes as he marvels at his friend's ability to know exactly what to say. "Yeah, actually. It's really weird though and I don't want you to feel like you have to say yes."

"Let me hear you out first."

"I um... I need you to flirt with me in videos."

He hears Delirious choke. "What?"

He chuckles. "You heard me, D. Management think we have 'chemistry' and that recording together more often and messing around will help my views. You can say no if you don't want to."

"No, it's fine. I'd do anything for you Evan."

He rolls his eyes. "Calm down man, save it for the videos."

Delirious' bubbly laugh fills Evan's ears. "Aww is Evy getting flustered?" he taunts in a baby voice.

"Shut up."

"Make me."

Before their conversation ends, Evan asks Delirious if he wants to play Human Fall Flat later with Brian, Nogla, Anthony and himself. He says he will and the two friends hang up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello people! I've had this story idea buzzing around in my mind for a while and I've only just got to publishing it. Let me know if it's any good so far. Thanks for reading!

~LC