||7||

The next day, Evan is out shopping when Delirious calls. He checks his phone and upon seeing Delirious' name, sighs and returns it to his pocket. He's not in the mood for Delirious and his happy-go-lucky attitude right now. It just reminds him that the one that had stolen his heart doesn't reciprocate those feelings. His phone stops ringing after a while and in a curious way, Evan feels empowered. He doesn't need to let his feelings swallow him. Emotion doesn't control him, he does, and he doesn't want to feel sad every day anymore.

And so he starts ignoring more and more of Delirious' calls and texts, opting to turn his phone off when Delirious starts to blow it up. Evan knows Delirious has done nothing wrong but it's better for him this way. It's easier to deny the feelings.

After each session of gaming with their friends, Delirious tries to catch him alone but Evan makes sure to leave before he can be cornered. He doesn't miss the sadness in Delirious' voice as he bids him farewell each time he leaves.

He's lying on his back on his couch, staring at the ceiling, when Moo calls him.

"Hey Moo."

"Evan? What the hell are you doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know very well what I mean. A very distressed man just called me saying you've been ignoring him for a week now. This isn't the way, Evan. You're hurting him when he's done nothing wrong."

Evan says nothing as the guilt crawls up his throat. Moo's right. As always. But he can't keep acting like everything's fine when it's just not.

"Please don't do this to Delirious, Evan. He's a wreck without you and you're being selfish. Talk to him."

Evan sighs. Why does Brock have to make so much sense? "Fine, I'll talk to him."

"Thank you."

Evan's phone starts to vibrate against his ear as he talks to Moo, signalling an incoming call. He removes his phone from his ear and checks the ID, chuckling when he sees who it is. "Speak of the Devil and he shall appear. Delirious is calling me."

"Well answer it then. I'll talk to you later."

"Bye Brock."

Evan ends the call and answers Delirious' one. He clears his throat.

"Hey."

"Evan? Holy shit, you answered."

"I deserve that."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I just didn't expect you to answer."

"I've been a bitch to you, Delirious, when you've been nothing but helpful to me. I don't deserve you. I'm the one who's sorry."

"Don't talk about yourself like that. I hated that I couldn't talk to you like usual but you've answered now, you've apologised. I've missed you too much to be mad anyway. Just... please don't ignore me like that again. It hurt when you avoided me, because we're friends. Hell, you're my best friend and I don't know what I'd do without you."

Tears spring to Evan's eyes and he feels himself fall a little deeper. He feels that warmth bury itself a bit more in his chest and he knows. He knows there is no escaping the way he feels.

"I've missed you too," he whispers. "I'm sorry. I promise, I won't ignore you ever again. It hurt me too."

He hears a sniffle on the other end of the phone. "I love you, Evan."

Though he's heard it before, his stomach flips but this time he welcomes the sensation.

"I love you too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:O

Evan said the L word.

Thanks for reading!

~LC