||3||

Evan wakes up and feels pain in his neck. He realises he'd fallen asleep on his couch, hence the discomfort. His laptop, still switched on, is perilously close to falling off his lap and onto the floor. Before it has the chance to do so, Evan puts it down on the couch itself and turns to face it.

Curious, he goes to his YouTube channel to check the response to the video he had uploaded last night. The sight before him makes him choke as he looks at the views. 2.1 million already?! It had barely been nine hours since he'd put it up.

He scrolls down to see what people have to say and can't stop grinning at the positive feedback.

Wow I've missed Delirious on this channel.
This video has me in stitches XD
Lmao of course Delirious and Vanoss are messing around while Nogla, Terroriser and Panda try to finish the game.

The smile that won't leave his face widens even more when Delirious picks up the phone.

"DELIRIOUS."

"Fuck, man, it's only... Wait it's midday here. Anyway, give a dude the chance to sleep." Delirious' voice is thick with fatigue.

"My video's at 2 million already!"

"What? Congratumalations! I'm really happy for you."

"I couldn't have done it without you."

"You're welcome, babe."

Evan chuckles at Delirious' acknowledgement of how he got the views. A slight shiver runs down his spine. He needs to turn the heat up in his house.

He hangs up after apologising to his friend for waking him, who assures him it's fine. Evan gets some breakfast - cold pizza from last night - and makes himself comfortable on the couch.

He's watching old episodes of Tom and Jerry when his phone starts to ring. Eyes still on the TV, he gropes around for his phone and pulls it to his ear.

"Hello?"

"Evan!" Noah's voice filters through. "How are you?"

"I'm good. I trust you are too. Did you see the video I uploaded?"

"I did and I have to say bravo. Quick work."

"Thanks! It was all Delirious."

Noah laughed. "You two are gold together, really. Thank him for me."

"Will do. See you Noah."

"Bye."

Evan doesn't do much for the rest of the day, watching random YouTube videos and eating when he's hungry. In the evening, he finds himself playing Stick Fight with Terroriser, Moo and Delirious. They play for hours, laughing at their stick figures' movements and Evan revels in the sound of Delirious' laughter. He doesn't know how he went so long without hearing it, when he used to hear it every day.

They'd drifted over the last few months, Delirious going off to pursue more solo videos or opting to play duo-games with Cartoonz, leaving Evan to play with their other friends like Brian. That isn't to say Evan didn't like playing with the others, it's just that none of them are... Delirious.

Delirious is the one who gets him. They both know what the other is thinking without meaning to. They stick together in games, each other's sidekicks. That's what Evan likes about Delirious and he's glad management needed him to get more views because it gives him a reason to talk to Delirious more often.

He smiles as Delirious' character kicks his way off-screen and ultimately dies, before his own character is beaten to death by Moo. He doesn't mind though because Delirious is laughing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Evan thinks the shivers are from the cold. Silly boy. 

As always, I hope ye enjoyed! :)

~LC