||8||

Evan's relationship with Delirious returns mostly to normal over the next month, although it takes them a few days to get back into their normal playful routine. But once they do, Evan can't believe he'd avoided this because feelings aside, Delirious will always be his best friend. And best friends don't turn their backs on each other.

The ache in his chest dulls over time though sometimes Delirious' laugh catches him off guard, his heart stuttering before he takes a deep breath and chases the thoughts away.

Brock-oli:
Hey Evan, I just wanted to ask if you're okay.

I guess so. I feel better than before. I just wish I could take my mind off him.

Well, I may be able to help you there ;)

Evan's curiosity is spiked. He'd do anything to have his thoughts of Delirious vanish.

How?

How'd you feel about a date?

Evan doubles back. Brock doesn't mean...

What? With you?

No, not with me. Unless you want it to be ;).
Kidding, I have a friend who's been single for far too long. He's a good guy and really fun. You'd get along. I can set you up.

Evan sighs. What does he have to lose? Besides, the guy could help him get over Delirious.

Sure. When and where?

Yay! Tomorrow at 7, my house, if you're free?

At Brock's house, tomorrow. Wow, that was soon.

Are you sure it's not with you? :(
I am also kidding.
I'll see you both then. Do I get his name?

You wish it was with me.
His name's Jason. And we'll both see you tomorrow!

Evan sits down, his phone by his side, and sighs. Hopefully this date would stop him from moping around all day.

Delirious isn't online to play later in the evening. As much as Evan misses him while playing with Nogla, Brian, Anthony and Ohm, he's glad Delirious isn't here. It helps him to forget about his feelings and to focus instead on his date tomorrow.

What should he wear? Were they going to stay at Moo's? Or would they go out to eat?

Was Jason cute? Was he funny? Would he get Evan like Delirious did?

Evan shakes his head. And there go his thoughts again. He lets out a quiet sigh, which is picked up by his mic.

"Evan, dude, you're silent today. I swear it's just us four recording right now. What are you worrying about?" Brian questions, his ball coming to rest beside Evan's in Golf-It!.

Evan watches the others' balls all stop as they wait for his answer. He removes his fingers from his mouse and desk and runs his hands over his face, leaving them over his eyes for a second.

"Nothing, man. It's nothing. I'm just being a bitch." He forces a laugh and his friends join in politely.

"Alright, we're here if you ever want to talk. Even if it is about you being a bitch, which is common knowledge." The rest chime in with laughs and their agreement and Evan smiles, though they can't see him.

"Thanks guys." He chuckles quietly. "Now let's play some golf!"

They all continue as though nothing had happened and Evan couldn't be more grateful for such amazing friends.

He awakes early the next morning feeling jittery. This is his first date in a year, maybe more. His thoughts have him so worked up he doesn't remember walking to the bathroom until he's in the shower, the water sliding down his back and pooling at his feet.

He hopes Jason is a nice guy and can make him forget about Delirious. He hopes he can become his escape but at the same time he doesn't want to use the guy to forget about someone else. That would be wrong.

The drive to Brock's house flies by, Evan deep in thought. He hardly processes the fact that he is in Brock's neighbourhood until he's turning into his driveway. The car jerks to a stop and Evan checks his hair in the mirror. He smoothes it at the front, trying to fix it to no avail. Oh well, it'll do. He checks his watch. 6:57 p.m. Perfect.

He makes his way to Brock's front door, taking a deep breath and knocking lightly. Here goes nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope any Americans reading enjoyed the fourth of July. Or if you're not American, I hope you enjoyed our normal day in July :D

As always, thank you for the reading! <3

~LC