||5||

A month later and Evan and Delirious make sure to have time for each other almost every day. His views per video have tripled and him and Delirious are closer than ever. Evan couldn't be happier.

Except the ache in his chest tells him otherwise. He'd tried to convince himself that he doesn't feel anything for Delirious but he couldn't find any other explanation for the way his breath hitched at the sound of Delirious' laugh or the way his heart skipped a beat whenever Delirious called for him. Even the way he says his real name, Evan, makes him feel all warm inside. He's so fucked.

His subscribers have been speculating too. His last video, where Delirious had said something unexpected, had racked up a storm with his subscribers and in his head.

Ahhhhh did Delirious really just say that? My fangirl heart.

Delirious basically told Vanoss he loves him. That has made my life. I can die happy now.

Wow, even Evan was shook. I don't know if they're playing anymore...

Evan's mind is constantly stuck on what Delirious had said and it had done Evan no favour in convincing himself that he didn't feel anything for his friend.

They'd just been screwing around in GMod when Evan accidentally blew them both up. They'd laughed to the point of tears before Delirious sighed and softly murmured "I don't know what I'd do without you."

It was such an innocent statement but it had left him speechless.

He wonders if the views are worth putting himself through this torture as he walks into Noah's office.

"Hey Noah."

The man turns around, taken by surprise by Evan's entrance. He checks his watch and looks back to Evan.

"I wasn't expecting you for another fifteen minutes."

"Well, I'm here." He smiles and shrugs, hands in pockets.

"I guess I might as well start then." Noah flops into his chair, which swivels once until he stops it to start typing on his keyboard. Evan fidgets with his fingers as he waits.

"Well, like I said, it's looking good. Your views have increased a lot and you've even got a few people believing 'H2OVanoss' is a real thing." He brings his fingers up to air quote.

Evan inwardly sighs. I wish it was. Wait what? "And advertisements? How are they?"

"They're a lot more like they used to be. You won't need to worry about that anymore, we'll sort it."

Evan leans back in his chair. At least one good thing's come out of this. "I owe Delirious big time."

"He's benefitting from this too. His views have skyrocketed since you both started showing up in each others' videos again."

Evan clears his throat, unsure of how to proceed. "Um... so how long will we have to keep this thing up for?"

Noah raises an eyebrow. "For at least another few weeks until companies can see your views are stable." He tilts his head slightly. "Why? Is there a problem?"

The smallest of sighs escapes Evan's lips before he tries to mask it and replies "No, of course not," before plastering a smile on his face.

***********
On his way home, Evan leans his head against the bus window. He watches the world outside rush by, blurred by the misty glass. The rain pattering on the window is soothing, letting his mind rest for the first time in weeks. He allows it to drift and of course it instantly returns to Delirious. No fucking surprise.

This whole ordeal hurts. It hurts to know that Delirious doesn't want him in the same way he wants Delirious. It hurts to know that before he can even confess, the feelings are unrequited. It hurts to know that to Delirious, this really is just them messing around.

He wishes his stupid, emotional self hadn't fallen for his best friend because really, where did he think this would go? He'd just have to distance himself from Delirious again, like he had last time, and pray the feelings disappeared with time.

Evan's eyes follow two droplets of rain on the glass, one falling faster than the other, the slower of the two racing to catch the other but not managing to. He can't help but compare them to himself and Delirious, his pining for his friend pointless. He sighs. Fuck me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poor Evan. I hope this is getting more interesting! Thanks for reading :)

~LC