The Decathalon Meeting

Peter's POV

Walking into the library I instantly saw MJ sitting at a table in the farthest corner. I walked over and noticed her reading Michelle Obama's newest book, "Becoming".

She looked up at me and broke the silence of the library. "Sup Loser. Your the first one here... Besides me of course." After her comment about my punctuality, she looked back down at her book.

I sat down and awkwardly twiddled my thumbs as we waited for more members of the team to show.

During the silent wait, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw that Ned was texting me.

Ned: Can't make the team meeting 2day*

Peter: WhAt?! Why?

Ned: Mom pulled me out early. Something bout family emergency

Peter: Oof, goodluck with that

Ned: Thx*

Peter: I'll txt the deats* bout the meeting l8r*

Ned: Thx bro. I gtg*. Ttyl*

Peter: Ttyl bro

As I put my phone back in my pocket, MJ asked "That the other loser?" without looking back up from her book.

I smiled slightly at her antics. "Yes, that was Ned. He was pulled early for a family emergency. He won't be here today."

That got MJ's attention. She looked up at me. "He's really going to miss out on the news." I nodded as a response. She went back to her book as she continued to speak. "I'm sure you'll be telling him all about it anyways. I'm not too worried."

Suddenly, my spidey senses flared and told me to lean to the left. Resisting the urge, so as not to be revealed, I felt a hand slam down onto my right shoulder. That was going to slightly bruise.

Even before I looked up, I could easily identify the person by their voice. "Sup Penis Parker. You and your girlfriend chatting about your STARK Internship?"

Before I could even respond, he laughed heartily. "Oh that's right! You don't have one!"

I gave a great sigh and rolled my eyes for only MJ to see as she glanced up at me. "Actually Flash, no we were not talking about my STARK Internship. And yes, it is real. Plus, MJ is just my friend." Although I wish it could be more.

Yes, I admit it. I have a crush on Michelle Jones. Big whoop. Now, enough of the fourth wall break. Onto the story.

Flash scoffed and removed his hand from my shoulder. "Whatever Parker." He sat more towards the end of the table waiting just as we had done a moment prior. Soom the rest of the team began to file in to the library.

Once everyone was seated, MJ stood at the front of the table. "Alright I was just informed of some news about our last win at the National Academic Decathalon."

To us the competition was last year. But because of the snap, and all it's events, the competition was actually five years ago. Which royally sucks because we never got to experience the winner's fieldtrip that came with the trophy.

MJ took a breath as she let the team digest that first piece of her speech. "The board of directors of the National Academic Decathalon has decided we will still receive the Competition prizes. We have been chosen to attend the fieldtrip that last years winners are going on. Thankfully, our school won last year. That means it will be this year's entire team rather than just those that won before the snap." Everyone began to cheer at this good news.

Once things calmed down, MJ continued to speak. "I will hand out permission slips and you all should have them in by Thursday. The trip will be on Friday and the bus leaves no later than 8 in the morning."

As she was sitting down, Betty raised her hand with a look of confusion. MJ looked up and pointed. "Yeah, what's up?"

Betty shifted in her seat. "You never said where we are going."

MJ raised an eyebrow and leaned forward on the table. "Oh, right. We're going to STARK Tower." She opened up her book and began to read again.

As everyone began to excitedly chat with one another again, I just sat there in shock. STARK Tower. The one where I live with Aunt May. The one where I work as Tony Stark's personal intern and heir to the company. That STARK Tower!?

Great! Parker Luck has struck yet again.

A/N: Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed. Join me next time I update. Bye! 🕸

*today
*thanks
*details
*later
*I got to go
*talk to you later