The End

I began to open my eyes, but my surroundings were too bright. I shut them tightly and groaned. I tried to rub at my eyes to adjust, but it wouldn't work.

"FRIDAY, turn down the light settings to Spider level."

I recognized that voice.

As soon as I thought the lights had dimmed, I slowly removed my hands and opened my eyes again.

As I looked to my side my suspicions were confirmed. Mr. Stark was sitting in the chair at my bedside.

He leaned towards the bed and rested his hand on my shoulder. "How are you feeling, kid?"

"I feel like I won the lottery and then got hit with a bus immediately after trying to cross the road."

Mr. Stark gave a slight chuckle at my over exaggeration. He patted my shoulder and I barely gave a wince at the pain. Not like I'm not used to getting injured and dealing with my nerve endings screaming at me.

I then looked at my surroundings for the first time. I was in a room that looked like it belonged in a hospital from the future. Safe to assume I'm still at Stark Tower.

I looked back at Mr. Stark. "So! What's the damage? Am I wounded for life?" I gave a chuckle at my sarcasm and Mr. Stark followed suit.

"No. Thankfully your healing abilities kicked in and helped the process along much faster. No vital organs were majorly damaged. But you were sent into surgery because of major blood loss. He stabbed directly into a major artery. Severed it completely and broke off the tip of the knife while doing so. Not a very well made knife if I do say so."

We chuckled again at the light humor we were able to hold even during a serious topic such as this.

Then it was broken. Mr. Stark stopped chuckling and looked down at his hands. "We lost you on the table. You scared the hell out of me. Nearly thought I lost you again."

I could see a tear building up in his eyes. With the mobility I could muster, I leaned forward and tried to hug him. He could see I was struggling so he leaned forward more so it would be a proper hug.

"Don't worry Mr. Stark. I'm not going anywhere just yet."

He chuckled into my shoulder. He then leaned away from me and left his hands on my shoulders. "How many times do I have to tell you kid, it's Tony."

As we laughed again, in walked Bruce Banner.

He gave me a smile. "Glad to see your awake."

He walked over to the end of my bed and grabbed the clipboard. "Says here you should be healed enough in about a day for release."

He placed the clipboard back on the end of my bed and looked back up at me. "So rest and take it easy until then. We don't want you to reopen that artery of yours."

I gave him a smirk and a nod. "Will do Bruce. Just tell that to the others before they get here. They might be overly excited to see me and make it hard to take it easy."

We all laughed together and talked for a while longer.

We spoke about what happened after I passed out. Mr. Stark rushed me to the Tower E.R. and the other Avengers finished with Toomes. He is now locked in a maximum security penitentiary and won't be released any time soon. The students were all sent home after they signed contracts swearing not to reveal my identity or to discuss what had occurred; besides the fun parts of the trip. Altogether it was a full day for a field trip. Definitely one for the books.

Our conversation was cut short, after about an hour, by a knock on the door. I looked over and said "Come in!"

The door opened and before anybody could step through, a huge swarm of balloons flooded the entrance way. Someone fought their way through and out popped Clint. He was clutching the ends of the balloons and a Get Well Soon teddy bear.

I laughed at his silly antics and that brought a smile to his face. He placed the balloon weight on a table across the room and the teddy bear at the end of my bed, next to my feet.

He place a hand on my leg and looked up at me. "How you feeling kid? Better?"

"Much. Thanks for asking. And thanks for the balloons and teddy bear. Just what I needed." We both chuckled.

Then more people began to file into the room. Nat, Cap, Thor, Loki, Ned, MJ, Aunt May, Wanda and Vision. Looks like the others couldn't make it. But I think that might be a good thing. Any more people and there wouldn't be enough room in the room.

Each person carried in some form of a get well soon present. Chocolate, flowers, stuffed animals, and even more balloons. I think they might have gone over board.

Everyone stood around the end of my bed, Mr. Stark sitting to my right, and MJ standing to my left. We were all smiling at one another.

All I could think in that moment was of how luck I am to have so many loving and caring people in my life.

I'm so grateful to be alive.

Although I miss my parents and Uncle Ben, I couldn't ask for a better family.

This will definitely be a fieldtrip I will never forget.

A/N Thank you everybody who stuck with my story the whole way through. I am truly amazed at the feedback I have recieved. Y'all really are too sweet. I can't believe this story is now ending. I'm sorry it took so long to finish the last chapter. I wanted it to be just right for you all. This story has helped me through some hard times in the last year and I can't thank you all enough for how much y'all have helped me. Thank you again. I love you all. Feel free to keep a look out for future books that you might take an interest in.

Peter Parker here! Thanks everyone for sticking around. I'm so glad the author was able to help me share this story with you all. There were a lot of breaks between chapters and breaks of the fourth wall, but we got through it together. I love you all and thanks again for enjoying and supporting this book and the author. Stay safe and healthy!

Spidey signing out.✌🕷🕸♥️