The Labs

Peter Parker here! You all did it! We hit 30k reads. Although we have yet to hit 1000 votes I thought I would still post this new chapter. Thanks again everybody. Keep sharing and voting. Enjoy!

I just stood there for a moment longer as I tried to calm down my thoughts. Everyone was staring at me with expectant eyes.

I laughed it off. "Well, I certainly wasn't expecting that either."

I suppose I broke them all out of their stupor as some began to laugh along with me.

I looked over at Tony and he just gave me a small knowing smile. He knew I didn't know my own strength.

Tony clapped his hands together and got the class's attention. "Alright, seeing as you only have the science labs left to look at." He glanced at Luci for confirmation and she gave a slight nod of her head. "How about we go to my personal lab and Peter's?"

The whole class broke out in excited cheers. Luci led the way into the elevator and everyone followed suit.

As everyone filed in, I waited at the back. Thor came over to me and clasped a large hand on my shoulder. "Very well done, Man of Spiders. I wish to celebrate with you on this wonderous occasion later today."

I gave Thor a big smile. "I would very much like that, Sir."

Thor smiled once more and then joined the rest of the few Superheroes that resided on the floor.

Nat grabbed my attention before I stepped onto the elevator. "We are all going to head upstairs. You have fun with Tony and your class."

I gave a quick "Alright, see ya." and joined my class on the surprisingly large elevator. MJ came over and stood by me when I entered. I glanced over at her and I gave her a smile. She smiled back and interlaced her fingers with mine.

As we had our sweet moment, I noticed the elevator had yet to move. I looked over to Luci and saw her talking with FRIDAY. "Could you please send us to the floor with Mr. Stark and Mr. Parker's labs?"

FRIDAY's monotone voice came over the speakers. "I'm sorry Miss. Nevers, only those with authorization can direct me to those floors."

Luci gave a grunt and swiveled her head over to me. "Peter, can you help a girl out here?"

I gave her a small chuckle. "Sure thing. FRIDAY, could you bring us to my and Mr. Stark's floor?"

To the surprise of the class, FRIDAY responded in a cheerful manner. "Absolutely, Mini Stark. Do you also want me to initiate the guest protocol?"

"No need FRIDAY. My class found out about the secret." I seriously have to talk with Mr. Stark about having her call me by those nicknames infront of other people.

The elevator moved as soon as I was done speaking.

Eventually, we arrived on the floor containing my lab and Mr. Stark's. Each of our labs occupied half the floor for themselves. But, there is a sliding wall in the middle that could open up the two to become a conjoined lab. Mr. Stark and I work together so often that those doors are almost never closed.

The elevator doors opened to the large expanse of an organized mess we scientists call our home away from home. Everyone walked into the lab and stared in awe.

Tony, being the entertainer he is, walked to the front of the class and opened his arms in a welcoming manner. "Welcome to my lab. This half of the floor is mine. And that half" he pointed to the opposite side of the floor. "is Peter's lab. This is where we do most of our inventing. Please, feel free to walk around and look. But do not touch anything. There is a lot of sensitive equipment in here. Ask me or Peter if you want to pick something up."

The herd was then released into the pasture. Everyone went everywhere they could. The glimmer of curiosity and wonder glinted in everyone's eyes.

It was five minutes in when I heard someone gasp. I turned my head in the direction I heard the gasp coming from and quickly ran over. When I got to the location, I wasn't surprised to see why someone gasped so audibly. It also wasn't just someone. It was Flash.

He found the wall of glass cases filled with my Spiderman suits.

He stared in awe at each one. I walked over to him and stood to his left side. He was the first to speak. "You really have this many suits?"

I laughed at that comment. I was so not expecting him to say that. Yet again, he is Spiderman's number one fan. "Yeah. There were a lot of incidents where I ruined one to no functionality and I decided to put them up on display. Better that than the trash. There were a few more, but those were completely destroyed."

We stood there a little longer and just observed my suits. It was slightly awkward, but not as much as it would have been before today. "Is it really that dangerous to be Spiderman?"

Another question that caught me by surprise. I looked over at Flash and saw he was still staring forwards. "Well, yeah. It's dangerous and I can get hurt. But, thankfully, I have these suits to protect me most of the time. Also, I have fast healing cells in my body from the spider bite. Unless it is a major wound, I'm not often too worried about it."

Flash looked at me with amazement and admiration smeared across his face. "I can't believe you are stronger and more brave than I ever thought you were." He walked over to a swivel chair at a desk and sat down with his head bowed and hands resting behind his neck. "I still can't believe the amount of times I hurt you. One apology could never be enough for what I ever did to you."

I walked over to Flash and placed a hand on his back. He looked up at me. "Just knowing you are sorry for what you did helps, a little. It's going to take me awhile to forgive you completley. Just keep up being the good guy and maybe one day I can say 'I forgive you'."

Flash gave me a nod of approval and was about to speak when I heard a large crash.

Great.

Flash stood up and we both ran to the origin of the loud sound. We ended up finding a few students underneath scraps of metal that Tony left out on a counter.

I gave a sigh and began to remove the heavier metals as Flash grabbed those he could lift.

It took a good 5 minutes before everyone was out from underneath.

"Everyone okay?" Everyone either said yes or nodded their head in embarrasment. I checked over them just in case and got the confirmation I needed.

I then spotted Mr. Stark and walked over to him. I tapped on his shoulder. He turned around and I began my lecture. "If you knew students were going to be coming into the lab why didn't you clean up your scrap metal? If you hadn't noticed, some students got caught underneath a pile of it. You have to be more careful with these things, Mr. Stark."

A silent pause rang out as everyone stared, waiting for Mr. Stark's response.

He began to laugh. I tried to hold my scowl a little longer, but I couldn't help not laughing along with him.

When we finally caught our breath, we looked up and saw everyone staring at us like we were crazy.

Mr. Stark broke the silence first. "Alright everybody. It's been a good day, but I think it's about time for dinner. Let's all load up into the elevator, go to the penthouse and I will make us some spaghetti."

Everyone cheered and ran to the elevator in anticipation of eating with the Avengers.

Peter Parker here! Thanks so much everyone for increasing the reads and votes on this story. Keep up the good work. Spidey out! 🕸✌