The Entrance

Time sucks.

I got the plan all put together. Then somehow it's Thursday and I have to turn in the permission slip. Next thing I know I'm sitting on the bus, driving towards STARK tower.

As I sit on the bus, contemplating my life choices, I hear Flash talking to the other Decathalon members. "Just watch!" He said. "We'll run into Tony Stark and he'll instantly hire me on the spot. Guaranteed."

I quietly snorted at how ridiculous he sounded. Unfortunately, Flash heard. He rushed over to me and shoved a finger in my face. "You think that's funny, Parker?"

Out of concern for my identity, I showed concern for my safety. I shook my head furiously. "No, nothing's funny."

Flash was about to speak again when the bus suddenly stopped. Due to unfortunate gravitational circumstances, flash fell to the ground in the aisle.

Mr. Harrington spoke. "Alright kids. We are here! Please file out in an orderly fashion." But he was too late. Everyone was already rushing to get out of the bus.

We all stood on the sidewalk and stared upwards. STARK Tower was so much bigger and more beautiful than what was described on the internet.

Meanwhile, I stood there trying to fish my ID card from my bag. 'Where could it be?' I thought. 'I had it this morning... didn't I?'

As I retraced my steps from this morning, the class began to enter the lobby. I followed them on autopilot, not thinking about where I was moving towards. Then it hit me. I left my ID on the counter as I was making my breakfast.

Mr. Stark is going to KILL me!

Yeah, I know. I can still get in without it. It's only made for appearances. But it was the only way I was going to get through security without FRIDAY speaking to me.

My plan is falling apart!

Suddenly, a hand grabbed my shoulder. "Dude, you okay?" Oh good, it's just Ned. He could see the utter despair portrayed on my facial features.

I took a huge sigh as I swung my backpack back onto my shoulder. "I forgot my ID card at home."

Ned's eyes widened at this information. "What?!"

"FRIDAY is going to have to let me through security. My plan is going to fall apart!" I raked my fingers through my hair as I began to stress out. Anymore and it would be considered an anxiety attack.

Ned placed both his hands on my shoulders. "Dude, you'll be fine. It's a minor set back, but nothing else will be interrupted by this mistake."

I breathed in and out. I began to calm down. "Yeah. You're right. It'll be fine."

I gave Ned a smile of reassurance.

"Nothing else could possibly go wrong."

A/n: Thank you everybody for reading. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Join me on my next update. 🕸