The Blackout

A/N: Hi everybody. Peter Parker here! To update you on recent events, this story got temporarily erased from Wattpad. The author and I were TOTALLY freaking out. We didn't have it backed up anywhere else and we thought it was gone forever. Okay sure, yes it's in my memories and the author could have rewritten it. But it wouldn't have been the same! Thankfully the glitch on Wattpad was figured out, the author is planning to copy and paste the entire story onto a google doc and everything is back to normal. And! with a new chapter!! Enjoy!

It was black.

Pitch black.

I couldn't see a thing around me.

I tried to move around, but it felt like I was moving through water. It was so weird.

I looked all around me and thought I saw something. Not a big thing. Just an outline of a shape.

I slowly walked towards the object as best I could. It got closer and closer.

Suddenly light returned to my surroundings and I had to cover my eyes.

What the heck was going on?!

I uncovered my eyes to see if it was safe to look. When I looked up I couldnt believe it.

It couldn't be.

They can't be here.

It's impossible!

And yet... there they were. Standing right infront of me.

Richard Parker.

Mary Parker.

And Ben Parker.

I stood with my jaw dropped and tears brimming at the corner of my eyes.

They all smiled at me. A smile filled with so much love and compassion. I couldn't believe it.

I began to stutter as I tried to form words. The tears began to fall down my face.

Then, it happened.

I broke.

I ran at them. They surrounded me in one big hug as I cried.

And cried.

And cried.

It felt like I was in their embrace for hours. It was so warm with love and compassion.

When I finally calmed down, I took a step back to get a good look at them. I smiled with tears still rolling down my cheeks.

The silence was then broken with my voice.

"Hi."

They smiled again.

Uncle Ben took the next step in the conversation. "Hey kiddo."

My smiled only grew bigger.

Then, reality hit me. My smile slowly faded from my face and I looked down at my feet. "Does this mean I'm dead?"

I felt a pair of hands rest on my shoulders. I looked up into the eyes of my dad.

He gave me a smile to brighten my mood. It worked, but only a little. "No. Not yet at least."

That only confused me more. What could he mean by 'not yet'?

He laughed at my confused expression.

Then my mom stepped forward. "Currently, you're in what we call limbo. It's up to you whether you want to continue on or let go."

My dad then guided me. To where, I have no idea.

We all kept walking together. Then we were in a room filled with people. Everything was silent. They were running around frantically and looked as though they were talking with one another. They had scrubs on and there were machines everywhere.

I looked more closely and saw Dr. Strange was one of those wearing scrubs.

There was also a window that looked into the room. I could see people.

It took me a second to focus on who they were. It was all of the Avengers with Mr. Stark standing right at the front, closest to the window.

Everything was just so confusing. I looked over at my mom, dad, and Uncle Ben. "Why are we here? What's going on?"

Uncle Ben spoke first. "You'll see." Then he pointed at the center of the room.

At first I thought he was pointing towards the nurses and doctors. As I got closer I saw what he was pointing at.

It was me.

I was laying there. Unconscious and hooked up to numerous machines.

Suddenly the noise in the room erupted. Machines beeping, people crying, doctors frantically talking with one another.

Then I heard it.

Dr. Strange said the one thing that shocked me the most.

"If we don't get this artery closed soon this kid is going to die, he's already lost too much blood. Hand me more artery clamps!"

I was dying. Right in front of me was me dying.

I couldn't speak.

I slowly turned around to my parents and Uncle. Then the room went back to the space we were previously in.

My mom came forward and hugged me. "It's okay sweetie. You're not gone yet. You need to decide soon though."

I gave a slight nod into her shoulder.

She then stepped back and held my shoulders. She looked straight into my eyes and gave me a smile. "I am so proud of you."

My dad stepped forward. "We all are, son. Your actions show just how great of a man you are and will be someday."

Uncle Ben followed in step. "You took my advice and you built yourself around it. Good job."

I smiled and recited what he had said to me the day he had died. "With great power comes great responsibility. The only words I will never forget."

I gave him a smile and then looked at each one of them individually. "I love you all, so much. I miss you."

They all gave me a smile and an 'I love you and miss you as well'.

We group hugged one final time and then I stepped back to get a good final look at them. "I should go now. I don't want to give Mr. Stark any more gray hairs than he already has."

As I could feel myself fade from limbo and back into reality, another figure appeared behind them. I didn't know who it was, but all I heard was four words.

"Good job kid. Excelsior!"

Then...

I woke up.