Chapter 3

"Are you cold?" Nancy looks over at Jane.

"Just a little chilly." Jane takes off her hoodie and hands it over. "Oh no unnie, it's okay-"

"I told you before we left to bring a sweater, we both know how cold you easily get. You're seriously going to get sick one of these days." Jane huffs out in annoyance.

"But you're going to be cold, put it back on."

"I don't get cold easily, you know this. I knew you were going to get cold, that's why I brought this with me." Nancy stops, a smile slowly creeping up her face.

"You knew I would need one so you brought it with you?" Jane starts to blush as she walks again.

"We go through this every time I give you my sweater." Nancy puts on the sweater, it's obviously to big on her, but she didn't care. She hugged the piece of clothing, it's warm and it smelt just like her best friend. For some reason, it brought back up a memory that she couldn't help but smile at.

          Nancy skips toward Jane happily as the girl was at her locker to preoccupied to realize her surroundings. She hugs her from behind making the older girl jump, she turns and lets out a breath of relief.

"How many times do I have to tell you to stop doing that? I'm going to elbow you in the face one day." Nancy giggles.

"Are you ready for the big game later unnie?"

"As ready as I can be." She shrugs before looking back into her locker. Nancy wiggles her way in between Jane's body and her locker to reach for the girl's letterman jacket. "Uh, did you ask?"

"It's tradition that you give your letterman jacket to your significant other on game day."

"But you're not my significant other?"

"That hurts unnie, and here I thought I was your everything."

"I'm sorry you thought otherwise." Nancy pouts as Jane chuckles. "Go to class, you're on the other side of the school."

"Not until you give me your jacket."

"Nancy Jewel McDonie, are you telling your unnie no?" Jane raises an eyebrow at the girl who cowers under her glare.

"That's not fair!"

"Beat it squirt." Nancy lets out a frustrated sigh as she turns around and walks away, she stops when she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist. "I won't be able to see you at lunch, Coach wants us to do a last minute practice before the game. I'll see you at the game... You're still gonna be there right?" Nancy bit her lip as she turns around to meet Jane's shy glaze.

"Of course I will, I wouldn't miss it for the world." Jane gives her a dopey smile.

"Cool.." Jane looks at her watch and panics. "We need to go before we get in trouble." Jane gives her a hug and a kiss on the forehead. "I'll see you after school!" Jane runs the other way, but Nancy stays in place as she touched her forehead with a huge smile and blush. For as long as she has known Jane, she has never been the one to be affectionate. She rarely showed that side of her, and when she did, it would catch the younger girl off guard every time.

"Miss McDonie! I believe you have a class to go too. You best make it there before you're late." A teacher in the hallway said making the young girl snap out her trance. After a minute of coming back to her senses, she quickly makes a run for her class with hopes of making it on time.

          Finally, after what felt like days for Nancy, it was time for the game and she couldn't be happier. She doesn't see Jane as it is because she's an upperclassman so they aren't in any classes together. The only time she would see Jane is at lunch and when Jane would pick her up to walk back to the dorms.