Chapter 4

"You're going out with her?"

"She said she felt bad about what happened at the restaurant and wanted to make it up to me."

"It sounds like a date-"

"It's not a date!"

"Where will you two be going?"

"I don't know, she didn't tell me."

"Sounds like a date to me."

"It's not a date!"

"I just find it weird how after all these years we all spent together in the dorms, it's going to be the first time you're with Yeonwoo unnie alone, you've been with every other girl alone, except for her."

"I'm going to be fine. There isn't anything you need to worry about."

"Oh it's not you I have worries about, it's her."

"I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself."

"I know you can. But can you blame me? You're tiny, anything can happen to you."

"Yeonwoo unnie wouldn't let anything happen to me and more importantly I won't let anything happen to myself."

"When are you going with her?"

"In an hour, she's going to pick me up."

"Wait seriously?"

"Yeah! Now come on! You have to help me pick out what to wear!"

"I thought this wasn't a date..."

"What was that unnie?"

"Nothing, let's find you something to wear."

          Nancy looks at herself in the mirror, this was her fourth outfit and she was still not satisfied. She groaned in frustration as she went back into her closet to find something else to wear. Jane sat on the younger girl's bed looking down at the picture the girl had on the side of the bed, it was a picture of Jane hugging Nancy on the day of the younger girl's graduation. She still remembers that day vividly. She had told Nancy she wouldn't be able to attend her graduation because she would be out of the country with her family. Nancy was devasted but understood. However, the day of her graduation, Jane showed up with huge balloons and a teddy bear after the ceremony. Nancy had jumped in her arms and hugged the girl for dear life. Nancy's mom was able to capture the moment, Jane looked at Nancy with so much love while Nancy had happy tears as she held onto Jane as if her life depended on it. Jane took a deep breath in and looked around Nancy's room, on the walls were scattered polaroid pictures of her family and friends, but more were of the two of them.

          Jane suddenly felt a pang in her chest as she tried to blink away tears. She couldn't believe that Nayun saw right through her. How could she be so reckless? It's what she gets for letting her guard down. She couldn't confess, she would lose Nancy in a second. But she couldn't keep telling herself that she didn't have feelings for the maknae when she clearly does. She never wanted to admit it out loud, but she was head over heels in love with the Nancy Jewel McDonie. The girl who is obnoxiously cheery at 7 in the morning, the girl who stopped sleeping with a nightlight at the age of 14 because she didn't like being in the dark, the girl who gets easily mad at the mention of her height, the girl who will constantly bug you until she gets what she wants, the girl who's rather oblivious to everything, making her clumsy and prone to accidents... The girl who would literally move heaven and earth for her friends and family, the girl who's laugh is like music to your ears, the girl who's smile can light up the whole world, the girl who's eyes you can easily get lost in, the girl who when you first meet her, you can't help but fall in love with.