Chapter 7

Jane woke up the next morning on the couch, she tries to get up but she hears a groan making her nearly fall off the couch.

"Unnie..." Jane turns around and sees Nancy looking at her with sleepy eyes.

"Nancy? When did you get here?" Both girls sat up, Nancy wanted nothing more than to be in her best friends' arms but moved away to give her space. Jane noticed this and frowned.

"I had a bad dream... You weren't with me, I kept calling for you but you never came." Nancy said softly. "I walked into the living and saw you sleeping... I stayed with you and I guess I fell asleep here."

"Why didn't you wake me up?" Jane asked frowning.

"I didn't want to bother you."

"You're not a bother, I told you this many times." Nancy shrugs. "Do you remember anything from last night?"

"I remember you saying that we were going to talk." Nancy puts up her pinky. "You promised me."

"How about some breakfast before we talk? I'll make you some pancakes." Nancy looks away. "I'll make you Mickey Mouse pancakes." Jane said trying to persuade her.

"Fine, only because it's Mickey Mouse pancakes." Nancy huffed out as she marches into the kitchen. Jane watches her leave and rolls her eyes playfully before following her.

          After breakfast, the girls sat at Jane's island with their coffee. There was tension that was uncomfortable for the both of them.

"So..." Jane started. Nancy looks up from her coffee to the face of her best friend. "I guess I owe you an explanation." Nancy nods. "First of all, I'm sorry for ignoring you."

"Why did you?" Jane takes a deep breath in.

"Because... Because I l-" They both jump when Nancy's phone starts to ring. Nancy looks at the ID before silencing her phone and flipping it over.

"Sorry, please continue." Jane shakes her head, was she really going to tell her the truth? Thank god Nancy's phone stopped her from doing so.

"Right..." Jane clears her throat. "I did that because... Because all you did was talk about Yeonwoo unnie, how you didn't expect her to kiss you back, or how she walked you to your door... All our conversations just revolved around her... I felt like she was replacing me." Jane said half lying. It's half lying because it wasn't the whole truth but her feeling neglected was true.

"Oh unnie..." Nancy placed her hand on the older girls hand. Jane looks down and takes the smaller girl's hand in hers and gently runs her thumb on her index finger. "Yeonwoo unnie will never be in front of you. You are my best friend, and nothing, especially no one will come in between that." Jane felt a mixture of relief and sadness after hearing those words. She wonders if she would ever have the guts to actually tell the younger how she felt towards her. Nancy hugs the older girl and suddenly feels like all the sadness she had in her heart melted away. She felt like she was home again. Yet, there was something still bugging her.

"Are you okay?" Jane asked as if she was reading her mind. It never seizes to amaze Nancy just how much Jane knew her, down to what she was thinking about.

"What about Nayun unnie?" Nancy couldn't help but ask.

"What about her?"

"You've been spending a lot of time with her... Especially the time we weren't talking to each other... I thought you were replacing me as well, with her."

"Oh Nancy..." Jane said as she wrapped the younger girl in her arms.

"You just seemed so much happier with her... And you let her touch you... You're not an affectionate person... You were only like that towards me mostly..." Tears started to flow down Nancy's face. "I couldn't sleep at night, I would call you and you wouldn't pick up... I would end up crying myself to sleep."