Chapter 23

Jane wakes up in her room, she felt different for some reason. She felt relieved and excited, she doesn't remember the last time she had felt something like this. She hears a soft yawn and felt something holding her tightly, it isn't until she looked down that she realized why she felt like that. Her mind goes back to last night.

          Both girls watch Yeonwoo walk away. Jane doesn't understand what just happened, all she knew was that Nancy had something important to tell her and that Yeonwoo was stopping her from saying something. She looks at Nancy who looked upset after seeing Yeonwoo leave, she decided that she should be the first to talk.

"Munchkin, are you okay? Why did you have Yeonwoo unnie call me?" Nancy looks back at her, the younger girl looks like she was about to pass out. "Nancy?"

"Oh my god..." Nancy starts to fan herself and pace, she found it hard to breathe and she felt too dizzy to stay in one place.

"Nancy, relax, it's okay. It's just me." Jane said trying to stop Nancy from passing out. "You're going to make yourself sick."

"I-" Jane pulls her into her arms and rubbed her back. Nancy felt her heart slow down as well as her breathing.

"That's it, just relax, you're okay. I'm right here." Nancy felt her stomach erupt with butterflies, she missed this. She missed the warmth that Jane provided, she missed being near the girl, Jane's scent of jasmine and sandalwood was enough to make the younger girl breathless.

"Home." Nancy murmurs out accidently.

"You want to go home?" Jane asked the girl. Nancy looked up at her and saw the concern in her eyes, it made her want to cry. Her doe eyes looked straight into Nancy's soul, no matter how much she tried to fight it or deny it, she could never run from Jane, she could never hide from her. Jane knew her inside and out, Jane was everything, everything she didn't know she wanted and needed until now.

"No... You are my home." Nancy murmurs out, it was so soft that Jane couldn't understand what she said.

"What was that? I couldn't understand you."

"Home isn't a place... Home is you." Nancy takes a deep breath in gives her a smile. "Home isn't a place, it's you. You're my home... As long as I'm with you, I'm home." Jane blushes at the comment, it threw her off, she didn't know what to say to that.

"Are you okay?" Jane asked her softly. Nancy nods and just as Jane was about to let go, Nancy stopped her from doing so.

"Can we just stay like this for a while... please?" Jane doesn't say anything as she holds the smaller girl closer to her and kissed her forehead. Both girls stood by the sandpit for several minutes before Nancy slipped out of Jane's hands. 

"Nancy, what was unnie talking about? What did she mean when she said she was in the way?" Nancy took a deep breath in and closed her eyes for a moment.

"This spot... What would you say about this spot?" Jane looks around.

"Um... It's nice? Although I think we should at least go to the park bench where we can sit down and-"

"Where are we unnie?"

"At the park?" Nancy rolls her eyes.

"Where in the park?" Jane looks around again before looking back at Nancy.

"Under the tree?"

"Jiyeonnie." Nancy takes a deep breath in. "What are we standing by?" Jane looks down at the ground.