Babies Officially Suck

The first thing I saw when I came too was a whole lot of pink. As in a lot of pinks. As in so much pink, it was burning my retinas. Like, who thought it was a good idea to put so much pink in one room? It was horrible!

Even the outfit I was in was pink. It was itchy too. Probably had some lace on it, I was never able to wear that stuff because of it itching so much. Attempting to squirm away from the itching feeling was useless, my limbs were oddly heavy.

The second thing I became aware of was a door opening and two sets of feet shuffling into the room. With great effort, I find myself able to turn my head but not much else.

Across the room, I spy two maids walking around quietly and dusting the room. The two occasionally pass each other while cleaning but remain resolutely silent. I somehow find myself staring at one of them as she gets nearer and nearer to my... crib?

It was less of a crib and more of a daybed really, bars on the short ends and behind me. The only thing keeping me from falling out of the crib was a tiny bar about two inches tall and my lack of ability to move.

Maid 1, as will now be the dark brown-haired maid closest to me, seemed to be nervous as she cleaned what was essentially my bedside table. There was a pink frilly coaster there and some candles, not much to clean.

Bored already, I started making weird baby noises and gurgle at her. With more effort than I am used to I lift my arms and make a grabby motion. Maid 1 looks over at the noises and makes a weird gaspy sound.

Her hands went to her now blushing face, I wonder why? Either way, Maid 1 was making a weird expression which made the baby at me giggle happily. The maid lets out this weird squealing noise, drawing the other maids attention who takes a look at me.

Now both Maid 1 and Maid 2 are gushing at me in a language I don't understand. Honestly, it sounds like a weird mix of Japanese and Russian, if that was even possible. They coo at me for a bit, chitter at each other excitedly, and leave the room.

Wow, being a baby is booooooring as I quickly find. Not even five minutes after they leave and all I can do is stare at the ceiling.

Suddenly, I was tired and I find myself drifting to sleep. A tug drags at my naval and I find myself dragged back into the same emptiness as before.

I don't know how long I was floating for this time. All I remember was it being really boring and when I came too again I was sitting on the floor and had no idea how I got there. All I know is that the room is no longer as pink. Instead, it was covered in ornate decorations that clearly have no use.

To my right, there was a bookshelf with massive tomes on it. Each tome seemed to be made of leather and bound with gold rings. Something about them was interesting, in the way all dusty mysterious tomes were, but I don't think I will be able to get to them.

Looking down, I'm in a pretty white and pink baby nightgown that seemed to flow around. My hair, with was this weird black color with a slightly purple tint to it, was longer too. Around my shoulders, I think.

So either it hasn't been that long for this body, or my hair grows slowly. I hope it's the second one because I really prefer short hair. Also not pink, but I can't do anything about that.

I pouted for a moment, then got over it and attempted to reach a stuffed animal to my let. I managed to stand with the help of my bed's bars behind me. As soon as I stand, my little baby knees buckle and I fall face first into an overly fluffy teddy bear.

I squeaked as I feel, getting myself a mouthful of fluff but succeeding in reaching the teddy bear. One for two I guess, but it's better than hitting the floor! That would've hurt, probably, who knows really. Thankfully not me.

My tiny, flabby baby arms attempted to push me out of the stuffed animal. However, my baby self seemed to be too weak to accomplish such a task. That and my little hands kept sinking into the bear. I can't even save myself from a stuffed animal, being a baby sucks!

A soft giggle drew me from my inner pouting and I suddenly felt myself being lifted. Some woman had picked me up, a very pretty woman at that. She had similar dark hair to mine and similarly shaded purple eyes. Her pale skin was soft from what I could feel. I felt myself gapping at her sheer beauty.

The foreign language from before reached my ears, but this time I seemed to be able to understand her a tiny bit. Even if I wasn't, I know coddling when I hear it. My previous parents were particularly cuddly.

"Awwww, owh rea uyo, my etiltl Flower" Her pink lips tilted into the softest smile I've ever seen. Yet also the faintest, as though she wasn't sure she should be smiling. That didn't sit well with me.

I gave my best adorable child smile and raised my arms, patting her face and pulling her lips into a smile by hand. Which is, by the way, harder than you think with chubby baby hands.

The woman relaxed into the smile, as small as it was. I squeaked as I suddenly felt myself swaying like I was on the worst swing set ever. Was this woman rocking me? Are you even supposed to rock toddlers?

Then again she did call me 'my *something* flower' so maybe she's my mother now? That shouldn't be so bad. Except she keeps rocking me and I don't like it. Yet I was powerless to stop it.

A soft melody reached my ears, foreign but nice. It sounded like a lullaby. My tiny baby body yawned out of my control. Obviously, the body had been awake long before I 'came to'. Which means despite how awake I felt, I was going to have to take a nap.

Emptiness started tugging at me again, familiar now yet no less unwanted. I wanted to know more about my surroundings! Why aren't I allowed to do things? Is it because I was reincarnated as a baby? Is that it?

'AAAAAH Babies Suck!'