Library Days

For the next few days after that extremely awkward 'playdate' arranged by the Queen herself, I couldn't help but think of the future. A future that I wanted to try to prevent. Not that I knew how to do that.

So I suppose I should work out what I do know. Which isn't much. I really should've paid more attention to Asia.

Okay, so I know that Alex is a hidden capture target, I know that my... fiance is a capture target, it is likely that most of the royal family are capture targets, and I know that one of the knights are likely a capture target.

I also know that the story doesn't start until I enter the academy the game is based around. I also know the Heroine is in the royal classes for some reason, so it's likely she has some sort of secret I can exploit. Why else would a commoner be in royal classes?

The former villainess was also a bully, and since I already changed that things should go different. Or at least I think I've changed that. I don't fancy myself a bully after all.

That doesn't mean that the storyline won't go the same way anyway. I don't know whether or not Fate exists in this world after all. 

Huh, now that I think about it, I don't know a lot about this world period. Such a lack of knowledge is even more anxiety-inducing than thinking about my inevitable death.

At least I know this issue has a solution, and that solution is the library! Ah yes, the largest collection of information this world has to offer. Well, the royal family's library is probably larger but the Von Gallowen's library is impressive nonetheless.

Now, previously the library had been locked for some reason. However, thanks to a few choice words with my language tutor, it has now been opened! Something about not having access to such a breath of knowledge being a crime. Mr. Q is really serious about reading.

Mother never locked it after 'Father' first unlocked it, and 'Father' never locked it up again after the first request either. Does that mean 'Father' approves of my search for knowledge? If so, a point in for Father!

So I've decided to spend the day in the library. Which is a very, very extensive library. I don't know what I had expected, but this library blew them all away.

The library had floor to ceiling bookshelves and was two floors tall with a vaulted ceiling and a domed glass roof. How does it have a domed glass roof when I know the floor above the library is flat? Magick I guess.

There were circular tables with chairs and fancy cushions on the second floor. Meanwhile, the first floor had locked chests with globes on top and cushions on the floor. Presumably to sit on. On the wood seperating, the shelves were holders filled with pens, quills or paper for taking notes.

Every area on the shelves possible for books to be was crammed to the brim. Books stacked on the available table until they were about to fall off. If you walked against the wall all the way past the two-floor shelves was an extended area where there were rows and rows of books and shelves going straight up into oblivion.

Again, magick probably has something to do with it because nothing in this library fit the specs of the outside. Meh. I really don't care right now, books are amazing and all I'm seeing is more and more of them.

Part of me wanted to start in the part of the library where I could see everything, the rest of me wanted to steer off into the oblivion that was the extended library. So I took the horrible, horror movie character decision. Why? Book.

I can't say for certain how long I was wandering around, or how far I had gone but I did consume about a dozen books I wouldn't have otherwise. So that's a plus. Who knew there was a potion specifically designed to turn someone into a sheep? I didn't, I didn't even know there were potionitieers, as they are apparently called.