The Basics

We never spoke of what happened in the library. Alexander never mentioned it again and I... I can't make him. If Alexander doesn't want to talk about it them I'm not going to force him. I don't want to drive him away.

The only difference between us is that Alexander seems a bit warmer than before. If I can make him feel better, more like before, then I'll do whatever I can. So we keep close, I don't force him to stay and he doesn't try to make me go.

Mother has been ignoring me recently too. I know she didn't visit me after I nearly died but... I guess I should've expected this actually. On the other hand 'Father' has actually been paying me a bit more attention.

Saying that 'Father' is paying me more attention implies that he paid me any attention before though. So I suppose I just finally became something he considered worthy of his attention. Or maybe it's because I'm so close to Alexander?

I can't ignore the look in their eyes when they see Alexander. Hatred from Mother for his 'evil' attribute and... greed from 'Father'. A powerful son with a strong attribute and a strong magical core, a son who has told me he couldn't care less about the two who adopted him.

Does that mean Alexander is loyal to only me? It's not a thought I would've entertained before but he certainly seems loyal. There's no one else who I would say Alexander is close to. Or at least, if there is someone then he hasn't told me.

Either way, it means that when Alexander was finally assigned a tutor for magic, I was as well. If it just so happened to be the same person, no one was going to say anything. I'm glad to have at least one class with Alexander. It's more time we can spend together without Mother interrupting.

I wonder when my other classes are going to resume. It's been a few weeks since we returned and I'm only just now getting a magic tutor. Are they going to resume at all? I know Mother's given up on me but those classes still seem important. For some reason, I doubt she'll bother.

Our new tutor was... rather interesting. Apparently, he was the brother of my father who had distanced himself from the family for 'some unexplainable reason'. Personally, I think that he was in the right to distance himself from this place but oh well.

Antione Dominique Von Gallowen looked much younger than 'Father', seeming more the early twenties where 'Father' was late twenties-early thirties. His hair was a fiery red instead of 'Father's' subdued almost black. The only similarities were that both had red eyes and tanned skin.

'Father' always seemed to be dressed up, like he had to impress someone. Meanwhile, Uncle Antione -which he insists I call him- just seemed to wear whatever he chose from his dresser at random. Sometimes I looked rather nice. Others, it looked horrendous. This man put zero effort into his appearance, just comparatively and whatnot.

Regardless of their physical differences, I still think that Uncle Antione is better even if it was just his personality. That's to say he actually seems to have a visible personality.

See, 'Father' is like... a bonfire. He's contained but always seems to be on the end of breaking out, though whether that's a good thing or a bad thing I don't know. Around Mother, he's covered in ice. Most days, that ice is so thick that I can't tell if he has a personality at all. Some days, some days I can see the edge of warmth from that bonfire.

Uncle Antione is a campfire that someone left alone in the middle of dry grass. He's warm and kind, like when a family gathers around a campfire to roast marshmallows. But he always seems on the edge of lashing out around Mother and 'Father'. I swear I can actually hear him grinding his teeth around them.

Alexander doesn't seem to like him for some reason. I don't know why. Uncle Antione seems very nice and he's a great teacher. Like our first lesson went better than I expected, not that I was expecting much.