Differences

"Ah! This is so exciting!" Aurora squeals, bouncing in her seat. I stifle a laugh at her excitement, or more the result of it. Maybe it's a bit villainous of me to find the discomfort of others amusing but... they deserve it.

Today was the day, test day more specifically. We were finally going to Coral Springs Academy of Magic and Royalty which, while a mouthful, I am living for. Though, admittedly, going to an entire school of rich brats to practice hocus pocus is not my idea of fun.

At least Aurora's going with me. She has enough enthusiasm for the both of us. While I couldn't care less about the academy, Aurora has been raving about this day for the past month. I don't know what she's so worked up about though.

By my knowledge, which I like to consider to be rather extensive, the first day at the Academy is a test day. We're to be split between classes based on our level of skill and our aptitude as judged by the headmaster.

You'd think that having lived a very stressful school life in my previous life, I'd be calmer about the whole testing thing. That would be a lie. Nothing would ever get rid of my test stress. Not even death managed it it seems.

No, bad thoughts, bad thoughts! Don't focus on the test! It'll only make your anxiety worse. You know that Bells, so focus on something -anything- else.

Which is what the other two in the carriage were for. Alexander and Maximus had chosen to ride with me. Alexander I get, we're family so it makes sense. Then Maximus chose to ride with us. That I didn't quite get.

Sure, Maximus and I are... 'fiancee's' but, well, he's a brat. When I met him he proved himself to be a prat and now that he's grown he's even more of a prat. So, I invited Aurora.

Maximus... doesn't really like Aurora for some reason. I mean, he's supposed to seeing as how I'm 99% sure Aurora is the heroine. But he doesn't like her, at all. So that's why I invited her to travel with us.

Don't take that the wrong way. I like Aurora's company. Maximus not liking her is just the cherry on top. Does that make me sound like a villain?

It's just that look of suffering in his eyes from having to deal with her peppiness without snapping -because Goddess forbid he breaks his 'perfect prince' facade- fills me with so much joy.

"Is it bad that I am happy you chose to sit next to me?" Alexander mutters in my ear, snapping me from my thoughts. I give him a sideways glance, then follow his gaze to Aurora being her perfectly cheerful self and Maximus dying internally, then back to Alex.

"No," I whisper back, turning to the two. I raise my voice so the other two can hear me, "I agree. However, you might want to sit down. We wouldn't want you to fall" I smile at the two.

As amusing the two of them were, Aurora really might fall with how she is. Upper half mostly outside the carriage, the wind blowing in her dark brown hair, with her bottom right next to Maximus's head. It compounded Maximus' discomfort. But Aurora would also be hurt should her hand slip.

There was an odd 'meep' sound that can only assume came from Aurora as she pulls herself back into the carriage. Maximus deflates slightly as she sits down, a soft breath of relief escaping him.

"Sorry!" Aurora gives a sheepish smile, eyes closed. "It's just," she hesitates, bringing up her hand to chew at the knuckle, "this is so exciting! and nerve-wracking. Are you nervous? I'm nervous. What if I fail? What if they don't let me in?" Aurora chatters on.

For a moment, I just watch the scene as Maximus riled himself up over Aurora's anxieties. Alexander equally amused by my side, he never did like Maximus. I'm not one to let my friends stew in their worries -only myself- so I spoke up.