Prolouge

The feeling of someone watching her kept increasing as the days passed but whenever she turned around there was no one there.

At first, she thought she was just getting paranoid but then her stuff started disappearing from her locked apartment. 

She would hundreds of calls from various unknown numbers - no one would answer when she picked up. 

She could hear only the static sound of someone breathing down the line. 

People she got close to would just go missing without a trace. 

Her windows would open by themselves at night...

And lastly, those white daisies.

It became a frequent sight to come home to numerous daisies flooding her apartment or have a bouquet be delivered at the hospital where she worked.

That's why it came as no surprise when she came back from work and found her door unlocked. She would've called the police but they were no help. They said she had no solid evidence and was exaggerating. It was just someone playing a prank on her.

Not calling the police that day had been the biggest mistake of her life.

Sighing she locked her apartment. 

After placing her bag on the kitchen counter she tied her hair up in a bun. If her dad saw this mess, she would get another beating. He had no idea what his daughter was going through. He thought she was just messing around with a boy like the slut he thought her to be.

The bruise on her wrist had barely healed for not cooking him breakfast on time. This time he might actually break it. 

It had been so hard to make everyone believe that she'd simply ran into a door, especially him.

Her dad would be here any moment now, drunk out of his mind. She first picked all the flowers from the living room, she could always clean her room later. First, she had to remove all signs of the flowers from the rest of the house so her dad wouldn't see them.

When she was done and only the rooms were left, she decided to cook him dinner. Just in case he got hungry usually he was too drunk to eat but if he wasn't and wanted food instead. 

Let's just say he lacked patience.

She gathered the ingredients and made simple noodles, after all, that was the only thing in the house anyway. She had eaten dinner back at the hospital.

She poured the noodles into a bowl and left them at the counter after covering them with a lid. Then she cleaned the kitchen and was thinking of taking a shower when she passed by her dad's room. She decided to check if it had been disrupted but she saw no sign of any stray daisies inside. She ran her eyes inside the room once more that's when her eyes fell on a piece of cloth sticking out from the closet. She was about to go and inspect it when her phone rang from the kitchen.

She ran towards the kitchen taking her phone off the counter. Her boyfriend's name flashed on the screen and she smiled as she picked it up.

"I think I told you to call me once you were home?" The familiar voice brought a smile to her face.

"Yes, Dad!" She rolled her eyes but couldn't deny the pleasant feeling that overcame her. At least there was someone who cared about whether she had reached home safely. 

"Seriously, you should've waited for me. I told you I'd give you a ride back home."

"I am not a baby and I ride the bus just fine."

"Still-

"Are you going to keep nagging? Should I hang up?"

"Wait, don't! I miss you," He mumbled making her laugh softly.