VIII

It was a beautiful morning.

After such a long time Jisoo could finally appreciate the beauty of the world around her. The sun finally decided to make an appearance today, the biting cold would slowly be coming to an end.

She had to restrain herself from skipping along the side walk. She used to do that a lot when she was younger, holding on to her mother's hand as she happily bounced on her tiny feet. She quickly brushed that thought aside, she would let nothing ruin her day today.

It was a perfect whether for a date, Jisoo smiled to herself before quickly shaking her head. It wasn't a date, it was just two co-workers having lunch together.

Two co-workers that might be attracted to each other...

Jisoo smiled shyly and unconsciously adjusted her dress shirt. She couldn't dress too fancy because after all she had to go to work but she had actually made an effort to look presentable today. Her fawn dress shirt that she paired with plain white pants worked well with the pearl earrings that she'd had worn just because she felt like dressing up. Lastly she had pulled her dair hair up in a ponytail to complete the look.

Her attire was simple but it made her feel like she was overdoing it. It wasn't exactly a date..., right? They were just going out on lunch. She tried to shrug her unease off, she was over-thinking too much.

She was brought out of her thoughts by a woman suddenly approaching her. "You look very pretty today my dear!" Jisoo jumped back before realising it was just a middle aged woman.

"Pure and innocent just like daisies!" Jisoo gave her a confused smile.

"Would you like some?" The woman smiled at her, gesturing to the side.

It took Jisoo a moment to figure out the woman was a florist as she ushered her inside her shop - despite Jisoo's reluctance.

She was scurrying inside the shop, her short plump figure busy plucking flower and cutting them out to make a bouquet.

Jisoo hadn't even agreed to buying flowers but yet the woman presented her with a freshly made bouquet of white daisies.

Jisoo grimaced, she didn't want to dampen her mood by refusing. The woman misreading her expression replied kindly.

"You don't have to pay. It's your first time here, it's on the house."

"No! No, I'll pay."

The woman grabbed her hand and stopped her from reaching inside her purse. Jisoo opened her mouth to complain but she simply cut her off.

"This is a marketing tactic, my dear. Hopefully you'll come by often and who knows maybe one day someone will buy these from my shop for you because I'm sure a pretty girl like you has a lot of admirers." The woman winked at her and Jisoo just stared at her awkwardly.

She scratched her ear, slightly colouring at the older woman's words. Only if she knew how much of a loner I am, she rolled her eyes inwardly and accepted the bouquet profusely thanking the woman. Promising to treat her in return of the beautiful flowers. The woman just smiled at her with her eyes and nodded.

Jisoo smelled the flowers once she was outside the shop and a grin slowly crept on her face. Oh, what she wouldn't give to make everyday in her life just as peaceful like today, she thought feeling the fragrant petals of the flower between her fingers.

Her eyes suddenly fell on the watch strapped to her left wrist and she cursed under her breath. She had totally forgotten about the bus that would leave in 10 minutes and if she missed it she would have to wait for another one that would come after an hour or so. Making her extremely late for work and with her job she couldn't afford that.