IV

"Get up! Cook me breakfast, you good for nothing bitch!"

A kick to the stomach was what woke her up, Jisoo moaned in pain. She decided to sit up straight before he hit her again. Her limbs were still heavy with sleep as she quickly got up to her feet. She hugged her side, when pain shot up because of her little movement.

She pressed her lips together and stumbled towards the bathroom. She decided to freshen up as fast as she could and made her way towards the kitchen. She got the pans out and got to work her father was in his usual spot - the living room couch - watching television. He yelled at the screen from time to time when he disagreed with the anchor delivering the morning news.

Jisoo had been stuck inside the house for the past two days with him because of the weekend. She'd taken an off on saturday because she was way too out of it to go to work. Needless to say, she couldn't wait to get out of the house and away from him. Even though she was a bit reluctant about facing her co-workers again but she couldn't spend another day cooped up in this place waiting for her father to come home and make her life miserable.

Jisoo picked up the tray and took it to her father who was still engrossed in the television. He picked up the remote, changing channels as Jisoo went inside to grab his coffee mug.

"We are finally allowed inside after almost two days since the 'Nebula Massacre', the dead bodies have finally been removed. The officials had to put in a lot of hours to be sure that it was cleared for the media personel to enter."

The mug almost slipped from Jisoo's hand and her father gave her an irritated look, waving her away from the screen. Jisoo stumbled away trying not to break anything and infuriate him further. She stared at the screen and the fimiliar sight of the club brought back the memories of that fateful night. Even though it was squeaky clean now, Jisoo knew how it looked just days before.

"The killer has left behind no evidence, all except for that dreaded neon sign." The camera zoomed in on the spray painted sign that said 'NCT' in bright neon green paint. It was on the wall next to the bar, they must've written that once she'd escaped. "The experts speculate it to be yet another territorial fight between the Lee and the Kim Family as the hotel is under Kim Junior's name and the sign is Lee Junior's made-men's signature. The two families have a history of violence together, but they seemed to have made their peace after the death of the previous Godfather of the Kim family and his brother stepping up but now the tensions seem to be rising back up as the two mafia lords of both the families are of age and about to take over. Is history about to repeat itself?"

So, that man belonged to the Lee Family or more specifically NCT? Suddenly the name Kim Doyoung rung a bell, hadn't the previous club assault also been led by a certain Kim? Lee Junior's Enforcer? Was that man she'd encountered back at the nightclub, him? That meant Kim Doyoung was also the man her patient had been so afraid of, who had eventually been the cause of his death. Remembering the stranger Jisoo observed that he looked fully capable of doing all those things, he had killed his own man, had hunted him down. What were the chances that he'd leave Jisoo alone?

"Even though the Lee's involvement is clear they can't be prosecuted because none of the relatives of the deceased have decided to press charges. It is unclear if they're bribed or threatened by the Lee Family. Perhaps it's the fear of getting involved with them but as of now, they're free."

Jisoo's knees gave out from under her and she grabbed the kitchen counter for support. She had the most dangerous man in the mafia world after her, it would be just a matter of time before he got to her. Jisoo had no idea what he'd do to her once he got his hands on her but she knew she wouldn't be lucky enough to get a swift death like the people back at the club. No, her her death was going to be much worse, because she had dared to infuriate him.