VI

Jisoo placed a hand to the boy's forehead and checked his body temperature. He still had a mild fever but it was nothing compared to how he'd initially been when Jisoo was brought here.

He was still unconscious, and Jisoo figured he'd be out for a while after the sedatives he was given to treat his severe allergic reaction to the blood he was given.

It was by far the riskiest operation she'd ever been a part of. The bullet that had went through his neck, just below the ear and went right the other end hadn't been that hard to deal with. Kun had taken it out on his own, it had been the adverse blood transfusion reaction that had Kun rushing out of the hospital the way he had.

Jisoo didn't know much except that this boy had been shot and nothing else.

No details.

She knew there might be more to this, people didn't just get shot out of nowhere but Kun was her boss, she didn't have enough guts to be upfront with him. What if he got upset with her? No matter how sweet he came off as, he was still the CEO.

But this was no small matter, why was this guy not taken to the hospital and kept here instead. Jisoo couldn't shake off the feeling that something was really off with the whole ordeal and she made a mental note to ask Kun about it later.

After strapping another Saline drip to the younger guy - she still had yet to learn the name of - Jisoo started cleaning the room. Picking away various empty injections and plastic bags.

The static sound of his breathing machine in the background disrupted the otherwise eerie silence of the room. It was so quite, but it was no surprise as this room was actually built underground.

Jisoo cringed remembering how scared she'd been when she was led here earlier by Kun. She had started getting paranoid and in her state of panic had thought Kun was actually a serial killer leading her down to his lair where he killed his victims.

After the uncomfortable ride to Kun's place Jisoo was on edge, she hadn't questioned Kun earlier about why they were going to his house but as the car rolled forward and they came closer to their destination Jisoo was starting to get apprehensive.

She was with a guy she'd just met today and on her way to his place all alone. She might have been overreacting but with everything that had happened to her before she wasn't sure whether she'd made the right decision.

But nothing could be done now, she was already in the car with him. She glanced to her side and noted his figure. He was busy driving and it seemed his mind was occupied by something else as he didn't even acknowledged her presence.

Was he too busy coming up with how to kill her and get rid of her body?

Jisoo shook her head and flinched catching his attention.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes!" Jisoo answered hurriedly and he raised an eyebrow at her in amusement before focusing ahead again.

"We're almost there, I'm sure you might have a lot of questions --"

His phone rung cutting him off and he glanced down to see who was calling.

"Excuse me for sec," he sighed before accepting the call and adjusting his in-ear.

"Yes, Lele? Don't worry I'm on my way."

It Jisoo a moment to realise that he was speaking in a foreign language, Chinese to be more precise.

This explains the little accent he had when he spoke Korean, Jisoo thought to herself.