II

"I am calling from The Vision hospital, one of my patients was scheduled for an appointment today and they still haven't come in yet?" Jisoo inquired, the phone clutched between her shoulder and ear as she went through her patient's file.

It had been a whole week since that whole gang war fiasco, she had asked the bald guy to come in today to get his wound checked for any infections but there was no sign of him. Worried, she'd decided to call the station and ask for him.

"Yes, he was taken into custody by your officers last week," Jisoo answered the man down the line and he hummed, going through some files.

"He's bald, yes?" Jisoo confirmed that he was and there was silence down the line for a moment. "I'm sorry to inform you ma'am, but the patient you're asking for died last week." The file slipped from Jisoo's hand and her jaw went slack in shock.

Died? He was fine just a week ago, he was suffering from no fatal injuries then how can a perfectly healthy person die in the span of a week and that too while he was with the police?

"What do you mean dead?! What happened? His injuries weren't lethal enough to cause his death," Jisoo snapped, gripping the phone in her hand tightly.

"He didn't die of his injuries but was stabbed to death. He tried to run from the station and was attacked on the streets by an anonymous figure. We are still trying to figure out the culprit behind his death."

Suddenly Jisoo remembered his words how he had been going on about someone who'd kill him if he went down the station. Who was that 'He' that had made him shiver in fear and did he really influence the police like the guy had told her? She had witnessed the panic behind his eyes as he begged for her help. He was telling the truth, and Jisoo hadn't trusted him. She was also responsible for his death if only she'd made up an excuse and let him stay at the hospital, he might even have been alive.

Jisoo thanked the officer and hung up. She leaned back on her chair and closed her eyes, sighing. Another thing to add to the list of things she was responsible for, the guilt came crashing down on her. When had she became so heartless? Was living with her father finally rubbing off on her? She wasn't like this, she loved to help people that was the reason she'd decided to become a doctor in the first place but today she'd failed a patient, did she even deserved to be called a doctor anymore? After all, she had send him off, neglecting his safety.

She had a part in his untimely death.

Jisoo rubbed her face with her hands and opened her eyes only to be startled by Jinyoung leaning on the door frame with his arms crossed. He chuckled softly when he saw her jump back in surprise. "Oh my god! You scared me so bad Jinyoung! You could've at least make your presence known." Jisoo placed a hand to her racing heart, she'd always been the one to get startled so easily but today she wondered if her heart was only thumping this loud because of a simple jump scare.

"I didn't want to interrupt you, you looked busy," He walked closer and took a seat in front of her. "Besides, I was enjoying the view." He tilted his head and peered into Jisoo's eyes, she mentally drilled herself not to blush but she could feel the warmth creeping up to her face. "What a beautiful night it is!"

Jisoo froze and looked at him in disbelief, he was talking about the view behind her? Jisoo mentally face-palmed herself as Jinyoung pressed his lips together, trying to hide his smile.

"What you do you want?" Jisoo dead panned and Jinyoung couldn't control his laughter anymore. He let out a series of chuckles as Jisoo scowled at him before sobering up. "You're so awkward! I love it." Jisoo rolled her eyes at him and he smiled at her.