9 - Smooth Sailing

Authors Note: Yup - you guessed it!! There will be more sexual content - R18 + is advised, written for mature audiences.

Lunch was incredible, I really wanted to kidnap the chef when we leave because every meal has been incredible. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the appetite we've worked up over the past 18 hours, and definitely has nothing to do with our shower exertions. I'd never actually had the pleasure of shower sex till now, and I am now wondering why I hadn't made this my favourite place to do it! Of course, it's more than likely that anywhere Arden chooses to 'take me' is going to be earth shattering good, therefore I'm about to have a whole lot of new favourites.

I'm curled up on the shared living room couch, head in his lap, his feet resting on the nearby coffee table, whilst listening to him read excerpts of an old novel he'd found on the bookshelf - A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. I love listening to him, his voice a beautiful Smokey rumble, the accent only adding to its sexual appeal He could have been reading me a manual on 'How to operate a toaster' and I'd have enjoyed it. Every now and then I catch him stealing a glance at me between verses, a gentle heart-warming smile on his lips, those dimples pinching at my core. Everything this handsome man does turns me on, and he knows it. I feel like a nervous giddy teenager, and surprisingly love it. I feel alive, Arden breathes life into me, an excitement to life I'd been missing for almost two full years. He tenderly strokes fingers across my face, pulling any loose hairs back away from my face, then repeating the motion again. It was a simple action, but the joy it brought me was colossal. I found myself leaning into his touch, not wanting to be without it for too long.

The warmth and soft glow from the large open fireplace are creating the most enticing and relaxing environment, and I couldn't wish for more. The weather outside has begun to ease up, and the latest reports are saying that roads could be cleared my midday tomorrow. Normally I'd be concerned with the many missed gym workouts, and hours of training, but right now, right here, Arden is all I think about, and he's been sure to keep me well exercised. He makes me feel safe, beautiful, understood and most importantly, respected. What a mighty woman his mother must be, if I ever have the honour of meeting her, a shall thank her for all of womankind. It's a rare gem indeed these days to meet someone with such strong characteristics. He oozes power and authority, yet chooses when and who he exerts it over.

I vaguely hear him close the book, placing it down next to him, still caressing my face, ear, neck and back again, the sensation is hypnotizing me into a state of pure bliss. Grasping my chin firmly, he turns my head to look up at him, and still smiling down at me, he raises his legs up, thus lifting my head enough that he can lower his head to mine, planting a soft and sweet kiss to my swollen lips. His lips on my own sending sparks of electricity blasting through me.

"Come, love. Let's take a walk outside before it gets too cold. Make the most of our last afternoon here" he says, pulling me up to a sitting position so he can stand. Taking my hand like the gentleman he remains to be, I stand and follow him to the chairs we've left our jackets draped over. He grabs mine, signalling me to turn as he slips it up and over my shoulders. I find myself wondering if this price charming act is reserved for weekend getaways, or if he really is just the most perfect man I've ever met. Once all bundled up, he entwines his fingers with my own and leads us out the door.

Have you ever taken the time to truly appreciate the beauty of winter? The cohesive harmony nature creates to correct its balance, the textures, the colors... the sounds. It's magical and alluring, once the crisp air collides with the warmth from your breath, forming tony droplets of water appearing like fog in front of your eyes. The way the babbling rivers and streams will continue to flow under layers of solid ice, the trees blanketed and heavy with recently fallen snow. The sounds underfoot of crunching grass, snow and frozen dirt echo in the still afternoon air. I've never really stopped to appreciate its wondrous splendor till now, but that's exactly what I find myself doing as we trudge our way around the section again. Tucked under Arden's arm, his fingers looped in my own, I feel like me again, truly me.