32 - A Splash of Sass

Emerson's POV

"I'm serious Abi, whatever they're talking about is clearly bad, I heard him hit something.  I'm not going crazy!" I stress to her, frustrated that as per usual Abigail is trying to dismiss the tension rising in the house.

"Em's, I am not saying it isn't, I'm just saying that if you need to know then I am sure he will tell you," walking over to wrap an arm around me, "Now how bout we grab ourselves a glass of red and we can have a catch up.  Knowing those two, they'll be talking down there for awhile."

"Wine, seriously Abi, it's not even three in the afternoon?"

"It's five o'clock somewhere, besides, it's after ten am so that's all that matters" she chimed, following with an infectious giggle I can't help but to join in.  

Grabbing a couple of stemmed glasses from the cupboard, I pour us a couple of the open Pinot Noir I have sitting nearby, then carry the glasses to the large Dining Table, placing one in front of an impatient looking Abi.

"Well, I guess if we aren't going to discuss the drama the men are dealing with, maybe we should discuss the fact that you arrived with Malachi?" I grin, knowing full well she will try to change the subject now.

"You know, maybe you should check on the again Em's, it could be quite serious." Told ya so.

"uh, uh Abi, I won't be deterred now.  Give us the dirt," pretty certain I know, but its always good to hear it from the source.

"You're not going to let this go are you?"

"You don't know me at all, Abs, if you truly think I would" I laugh, crossing my legs and sitting back in the chair, indicating I'm ready for the details.

"Alright, alright," she sighed, "I MAY have stayed over.... may have!!" she giggled, but a most absolute look of elation washed over her.  It was so beautiful to see, realizing my best gal pal had a huge crush on Kai.

"Sooooo, you stayed the night..... was it good?"

"Emerson!"

"What? You would ask me the same thing," I laughed, enjoying seeing her squirm.

"We haven't, ah I, well we,  we're just waiting" she stuttered, shifting around in her seat.

"Abigail, are you saying what I think you're saying?" My mouth hanging open, not quite certain of the information I'm trying to process.

"We haven't had sex, Em, now can we drop it?" she almost shouted, surprising herself almost as much as me.

"Wow, Abs.  I'm happy for you," I smile, reaching over and giving her knee a gentle squeeze.

"You are, why?" she quizzed, her brows furrowed.

"Because I have never seen you in love before," I stated, taking another sip of wine.

"Who's in love?" Arden asked, walking across into the dining area.

"No one!" Abigail snapped, looking panicky, her eyes flitting between Arden and myself, all the while avoiding eye contact with Malachi.  He smirked, an all too knowing look but otherwise kept quiet. 

"Well okay, I know I am," Arden grinned, bending down to place a kiss to my temple, gently placing a hand on my knee as he leaned over.  Looking down, I notice his knuckles raw, red and slightly swollen looking.

Grabbing his wrist before he moved away, I lift it to take a better look.  Raising my eyes to his questioning him with a simple look, he simply shakes his head and pulls his hand back.