18 - Crossing Streams

Eight long hours. That's how long my flight is from Toronto to Dublin. Eight fucking hours. My body has ached for Arden, it has longed for his touch, yearned for his hot breath, thirsted for his taste and now, after learning the truth, I'm stuck on this oversized tin can for what will likely be the most excruciating eight hours of my existence. I hate flying, but I hate wasting anymore time being apart from the man who stole my heart. I craved him too much not too.

I'm nervous and scared as hell that I won't be a welcomed arrival. That he'll take one look at me and walk the other way, but I'm placing my faith in the connection we share, the bond we formed, and the undeniable love we have - well at least I have, but I hope he loves me too. We hadn't said those three magic words, but I know he made me feel loved. I know he made me feel things I'd never felt before, so again I hope he feels it too.

Sam had taken me straight home so I could throw some clothes and necessities in a suitcase and book a flight. I couldn't get a flight out until 6 pm, which Sam and Abigail were ultimately happy about because it gave us time to debrief regarding this morning's events. They're in full agreement that Casey is one hundred percent behind this, we just haven't completely worked out how. Sam wanted to come with me, but I told him this was one journey I had to make on my own.

Ashling, on the other hand has been texting me like crazy ever since I let her know my flight arrival time. Acting as our very own cupid, she's got it all planned out. It'll be roughly seven am when I arrive, so she'll collect me from the airport, take me to my hotel room for a quick shower and outfit change. We'll pop out for breakfast and coffee (this was Ashling's one request) then she'll reunite us. Fool proof she says.

It's only been two hours; I am over it all ready. I just want to be in his arms again. I snuggle up to the pillow I requested, leaning into the window and wait for sleep to take me. Maybe if I sleep, I will be back where I belong soon enough.

"Ladies and Gentleman, in a few short moments we will begin our descent into Dublin International Airport. Local time when we arrive will be 7.12 am. For your safety we ask that you remain seated with your seat belt fastened until such time as Fasten Seat Belt indicator is no longer lit. Remember to keep your trays in their upright position.

Please check around your seat for any personal belongings you may have brought on board with you and please use caution when opening the overhead bins, as heavy articles may have shifted around during the flight.

On behalf of the crew on Toronto Air, I would like to thank you for choosing to fly with us today and look forward to you travelling with us again soon. Have a great morning"

Waking up to discover I'm in Dublin was like winning the lottery, I'd hoped it would happen but never really thought the odds were in my favor. It hadn't taken long for me to drift off to thoughts off Arden, and it's been one of the most peaceful sleeps I have had in recent weeks. Sitting up in my seat, I stretch as much as humanly possible in this small space, cursing that I'd had to travel Economy due to lack of availability. Relax Emerson, this is what happens when you make last minute trips, I scold myself, for Arden I'd happily travel in the Baggage Cargo hold.

I find the nerves increasing as we taxi the runway, nearing the airport, my hands twisting my sweater in knots. I hope Ashling won't take me anywhere for breakfast that takes forever for service, I don't think I can handle the waiting much longer. I doubt I'll eat much either, the butterflies take up enough space in my stomach to steal away the hunger, well, the hunger for food anyway. The 'other' hunger is growing, not to be appeased by breakfast, lunch or dinner. Hell, a smorgasbord wouldn't fulfil this need, nope, only Arden could relieve me from this famine.