Chapter 6: Temper Tantrum

(Yang P.O.V.)

I jolt awake, gasping for air. It was a nightmare... It was just a nightmare... just a nightmare...

(Y/n): Hey, you good? You look kinda... scared...

I forgot (Y/n) was even here, to be honest. I turned to look at him and I saw that he was alright. No injuries, no blood, just him "looking" at me with a concerned look on his face.

Yang: umm... yeah... I'm fine... just a bad dream...

I put on a smile, in order for him to see that I was okay.

(Y/n): ...you're smiling, right?

Yang: um... yes... why are you asking?

(Y/n): because I can't see your face...

Yang: OH YEAH! OOPS! MY BAD!

(Y/n): oh well. Doesn't matter anyway... I can tell that smile is fake.

Yang: What? How?

(Y/n): I see souls, remember?

Yang: Oh... Yeah...

(Y/n): Yours ain't doin' too good, so how about you tell me what that bad dream was about? Who knows maybe you'll feel better after telling me?

In reality, I wanted to tell him but I can't. I feel like I've been relying on him too much. It's not fair for me to just dump all my stress and problems onto (Y/n). So I won't say anything.

Yang: I... I don't want to talk about it...

(Y/n): Oh, come on! Tell me!

Yang: .......no.......

(Y/n): Tell me! I promise I won't judge!

Yang: .......Stop....

He's acting annoying just so I'll tell him. He's acting like a kid. And it's really starting to piss me off...

(Y/n): C'mon Yang, just te-

Yang: SHUT UP! I SAID I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT, DAMMIT! SO LEAVE ME ALONE, YOU DUMBASS!!!

I exploded. I blew up at the one person who understood how I felt and didn't give me that same damn look of pity that everyone else gives me.

Yang: ..........I-

He raised his hand as if to tell me to stop, he then shook his head and quietly turned back to face the road. For the entire rest of the journey home neither of us said a word.

When we arrived back at the house, I got out of the wagon and, without turning back to look at him, I started to walk to the house.

(Y/n): Sorry...

Yang: Huh?

(Y/n): I shouldn't have kept forcing you to talk about it... so talk to me about it only when you're ready... okay?

Yang: Oh, yeah, besides you really shouldn't be the one apologizing... I shouldn't have yelled at you...

(Y/n): it's alright I deserved it. So... friends?

Yang: ...friends. also thanks... for being there I mean...

(Y/n): not a problem!

He smiled a genuine smile at me and I did the same in return. I really don't deserve to have this guy helping me the way he is but I'll enjoy his company while I can. I might not be able to tell him about my dream now but I will someday...