Chapter 10: Relighting the fire!

((Y/n) P.O.V.)

(Y/n): ... and so that's how it happened. After jumping I wondered for a while until I got to a town, still not sure where as I can't read! but I was able to stay on the streets there, and I managed to slowly but surely get used to my new "vision" and even managed to get my horse and wagon through honest work..... mostly. After I was kinda forced to give up on the whole huntsman dream because I still have trouble with my semblance at times, so I didn't try my bow after losing my sight.

It's when I stopped my rambling I realized that Yang had been uncharacteristically silent this whole time.

(Y/n): ...Hey...you good?..

Yang: ...how?...

(Y/n): Huh? What was that? I didn't hear you.

Yang: HOW! HOW CAN YOU BE SO DAMN OPTIMISTIC ALL THE TIME! YOU HAD EVERYTHING TAKEN FROM YOU! YOUR SIGHT! YOUR DREAMS! YOUR CHANCE FOR A NORMAL LIFE! SO TELL ME HOW YOU CAN STILL SMILE! WHY DO YOU KEEP SMILING WHEN YOUR LIFE IS NOTHING BUT UNFAIR!

I get it now. She wants an explanation. Then I'll give her one.

(Y/n): Why? Because I don't have a choice. I mean what other choice do I have?! Boo hoo! I can't see! Boo hoo! I can't be a huntsman! Do you know how annoying that would be! GODS, I'd rather shoot myself than whine about my problems like a little bitch! Sure, I can't do those things but you know what I can do?! I can see aura! Souls! I can use those souls to see if someone's lying. I can tell how someone's feeling just by looking at their tiny ball of fire! Sure! That day I lost something valuable but I gained something valuable too!...  It's never about what you can't do... it's always about what you can... It's not about how many times life hits you! It's about how you can stand up every time and say "IS THAT ALL YOU GOT, BITCH!" Remember that and it will help you keep moving forward!

I had turned away from Yang to speak and when I looked back I was greeted with a brilliant sight.

Her soul. I was reborn. It was burning the brightest I had ever saw. It was like a Phoenix rising from the ashes of a tired old spark. And it was glorious!

(Y/n): So! I think you're ready to stand up against life, right?

Yang: Yeah... but I think I might need a hand!

(Y/n): pfft! Haha ha hahaha! Seriously?!

Yang: sorry for the pun, guess you could say I'm a handful!

(Y/n): haha! I see what you did there!

Yang: hah! Haha hahaha! Oh my god.

(Y/n): Eye guess you couldn't handle it!

Yang: hahaha! Stop! Please! Oh my God!

(Y/n): I am a pun master!

Yang: in that case, could I become your pupil!

(Y/n): I should warn you, it will cost you an arm and a leg!

Yang: hah hah heh! You're such a dumbass!

Me and Yang continued to tell each other the crappiest puns for what felt like hours. It kept going until we decided to call it a night. I fell asleep happy knowing that I had finally seen the true Yang Tai was telling me so much about.

(Yang P.O.V.)

I had the dream again. And it started the exact same way. Taurus walking towards me. Me firing ember celica at him. He keeps walking. My arm vanishes. I see that damn smirk. He pulls out his sword... but this time I hear a voice I recognise instantly

(Y/n): This is the part where you stand up against him.

I couldn't let him ruin my life. No. I WON'T LET HIM RUIN MY LIFE! NOT AGAIN!!!

So I did what I do best, I punched him. But not with my left arm, I hit him with my right! It was now reborn as a mass of blue flames!

Yang: I WON'T LET YOU CONTROL WHAT I CAN AND CAN'T DO ANYMORE!

He went flying back and upon impact to the ground he decayed like dust and vanished completely.

Let's just say after that I had the best sleep of my life.

Thanks (Y/n)...

((Y/n) P.O.V.)

I woke up early in the morning and headed outside to get some fresh air. I found Tai out there already working on the flowers. I decided to help him out until Yang came down. And when she did, man was I surprised! I saw her with the outline of TWO ARMS! What the hell?!

Yang: morning, stilts!

I ignored the comment on my height and got right to the question.

(Y/n): So could you regrow limbs this whole time?! Cause it looks like you have two arms now!

She immediately started laughing at my confusion. But I didn't mind. I found her laugh gorgeous.