Chapter Six

Jacob P.O.V

A week had passed and Jeremiah had already visited Marisol letting me know he was thankful that I was there but also giving me a black eye for all the shit I had done. I had packed up a bag from Marisol place and cleaned up the house so when she was released it wouldn't trigger her more. I was sitting on the chair in the room trying to not fall asleep when I heard a slight couch coming from her which made me look at her intentively while sitting up more "What the fuck" she whispered to herself while sitting up letting her adjust to the light in the room while looking at her hand that were connected to I.V bags "I wouldn't touch that if I were you" I said softly while watching her which made her head jerk towards my direction and instantly making her cower into the side of her bed "I am not gonna do anything. I promise. Let me get your doctor and call Jeremiah" I said while getting up and leaving the room. I pulled out my phone sending Jeremiah a quick text to let him know Marisol was awake and that I'd be taking her home if the doctor let her leave, I walked up to the nurse's desk while putting my phone away "Ms. Nelson is awake. I thought I'd let you know" I said softly which made the nurse look up and smile at me "Thank you. I'll send her doctor over" she said back while picking up her office phone. I nodded in response before walking back to Mari's room and entering the room which made her look in my direction "The doctor should be in here soon" I said while sitting down in the chair "What are you doing here?" she said just above a whisper while looking down at her fingers "I stayed outside your house and heard your screams so I went in and knocked your father out and called the cops" I said while standing up stretching my legs "How long have I been out?" she said still not making eye contact with me "a week. Jeremiah has stopped by a few times to let me leave to pack you a bag, clean your house up a little, and clean myself up." I said while leaning against the window sill looking at her "why?" she said before the doctor came in interrupting our talk "Ahh Ms. Nelson you are awake. It seems like you will recover fine. How long has the abuse been going on and you cutting yourself?" the doctor asked while looking at her in the eyes while I looked shocked at the doctor "Cutting?" I said softly to myself shocked that I drove her to do that. Marisol didn't respond which made me speak up instead "Marisol doesn't talk. She's been mute since her mother died. She won't respond unless she is comfortable with you." which made the doctor nod "Well here is your bill for the hospital stay and a number for therapy and you will need someone to watch over you for awhile. Hope a speedy recovery for you" the doctor said giving Marisol a warm smile which she returned before leaving the room. Marisol ripped her I.V needle out while covering it with a cotton ball and grabbing some band aids to cover it. She got out of bed and went towards the bathroom "Can you hand me the bag" she said while looking at her feet. I walked over grabbing her bag and giving it to her "Do you need help?" I asked while looking at her paperwork and signing it myself so I would pay the bill "No" she said while closing the door behind her. I stayed outside the door waiting for her to be done when I heard her yelp in pain which made me open the door quickly "are you okay?" I said while looking at her only wearing a pair of panties and a bra "I need help with my shirt" she said while looking at her body in the mirror. I helped her with her shirt and leggings before making her sit on the toilet so I could put her socks on her and shoes "Thanks for the outfit" she said softly while making eye contact me which made lose track a time for a little bit "Can I get up now?" Marisol asked finally breaking eye contact with me which made me clear my throat standing and walking away from her a bit "Can you help me brush my hair?" she asked twiddling with fingers which I chuckled and grabbed out her brush and a beanie to match her red sweatshirt "Nice to know you remember my style" she said in a monotone voice while I raked the brush through her hair lightly to not pull at her kinks "Yeah" I chuckled back while finishing up and handing her the beanie that I packed which she put on her head and walked out of the bathroom leaving me to clean up and grab her bag "Where is my paperwork?" she asked while looking at the table that had her paperwork but it was gone and only left the card that had the therapy number on it "I paid for it" I said while leaving her room with her trailing behind me "Why?" she asked me as we made it outside to my car "Because" I said as I put her bag in the backseat and opened her door for her "Thank you" she said with confusion laced her voice before getting into the car and letting me close the door. I got into the car and started to drive to her house.

Marisol P.O.V

I walked into my house with the bag that Jacob packed for me and closed the door behind me locking it. I looked around my house while taking my shoes off and seeing that everything was cleaned from the whole thing between my father and I. My body shivered just thinking about before walking upstairs to my room to see the stuff I bought at the mall a week ago put away, I smiled to myself before putting the stuff that Jacob packed into the dirty hamper to wash later and laying on my bed grabbing my phone out of my bag. I saw the millions of text's from Sunny and Jeremiah which I replied back to quickly before getting comfortable in my bed and falling asleep.