Chapter Twenty

Marisol P.O.V

I woke up to the sun beating on my face which made me sit up and rub my eyes "Babe?" I heard a yell from the bathroom which made me realize that I was alone in the bed "Yeah?" I yelled back as I got out of bed and walked over to my clothes that were on Jeremiah's desk "We got called in to cover our coworker's shift because they covered ours" Jacob said coming into the room with a towel around his hips which made me stare at his bare toned chest and his v line (Yall know the v line? The fuck me lines? them lines yes lol) I felt my mouth water at the sight "Uhh yeah sure" I said staring at his chest still "Babe" Jacob said which made me break the eye contact with his chest and look at his face which he had a smirk on his face "Get dressed so we can clean the house before we leave for work" Jacob said which made me think back to last night walking into our house to see it destroyed. I quickly got changed into the clothes I wore yesterday and fixing up Jeremiah and Sunny's bed quickly before I followed a now dressed Jacob out of the house and locking the house with my spare key. We got into the car and started driving back to our place "Are you okay?" Jacob asked me grabbing my hand running smooth circles with his thumb "Yeah" I said while not making eye contact. Jacob pulled into our driveway and we got out walking up to the house and unlocking the door "Everything is gonna be okay." Jacob said as we entered the house looking at everything "Yeah sure" I said looking at the broken picture frames in the living room which I started to clean up the glass "I'll work upstairs and you work down here okay?" Jacob said which I nodded in response. Jacob kissed my head and ran upstairs to clean and I started to clean the living room.

A few hours had passed and the whole house was clean "Jesus" I said as I fell onto the bed catching my breathe little bit while looking up at the ceiling "Are you done?" Jacob asked me as he was still cleaning up our closet "Yeah I am. I'm gonna take a shower quickly before we leave for work." I said getting up and giving a quick peck to Jacob. I walked over to the bathroom starting the shower and undressing myself putting the dirty clothes into the hamper before getting into the shower letting the warm water relax my muscles. I felt tears prick at my eyes thinking about the house being destroyed and my dad being out and knowing everything which makes me feel like he's watching me. I started to sob harder letting the water mix with my hot tears as I thought about the abuse, the destroyed house, and that he knew Sunny had her son. I felt the urge to scar myself which made me sob even harder if that was possible letting my body relax into a ball on the ground of the shower while the water beat at my back. I looked up looking towards my soap dish where I kept a blade just in case "Shit" I said out loud contemplating if I should cut myself or not but thought fuck it as I lifted the soap dish to see it there staring back at me. I grabbed it putting the soap dish back and didn't think twice as I dragged it against my stomach a few times letting the pain from it cutting my flesh bring me back to the times where I did this after every single beating. I stopped after leaving four fresh cut lines and put it back under the soap dish while getting up and washing myself feeling the sting of the soap as I did. I washed my hair and shut off the water getting out of the shower and wrapping myself up in towel "Babe I picked out your outfit" Jacob said poking his head into the bathroom looking at my eyes seeing that they were swollen "babygirl" Jacob cooed while walking into the bathroom hugging me "It's gonna be okay. I am right here and I will protect you okay?" Jacob said into my hair as I sniffled into his chest and nodding my head letting him know that I heard him "Now finish up and get dressed okay?" Jacob said breaking the hug and holding my face "Okay" I said just above a whisper before he gave me a quick kiss and walked out to leave me to do my daily routine. I left the bathroom still wrapped in a towel to grab my clothes and walk back in getting dressed so Jacob wouldn't see my scars. I put the towel back up so it could dry and walked into the bedroom where I saw Jacob laying on the bed playing on his phone "I just texted Jeremiah to let him know we would stop by after work and if they needed anything" Jacob said while getting up from the bed as I was packing my purse "Sounds great love" I said as I put my purse around my shoulder looking at him "You ready?" I said looking to him "Yeah lets go" Jacob said as he walked out of the bedroom with me trailing behind him. I grabbed my bikes keys and walked out of the house towards my bike as Jacob locked the house "We taking the bike?" Jacob yelled as I grabbed the helmets off his bike "Yes we are" I said back as I handed him my purse and helmet so he could put it on and hold as I rode. I got on and started the bike turning it around so I could just ride out. Jacob got on and held my waist "You ready?" I asked him as I put my hands on the handlebars and kicking up the kick stand "Yeah" Jacob yelled over the roaring of the bike and I adjust myself a little before I rode out of driveway towards the mall.

Jacob P.O.V

It was coming to the end of our shift so I started to count the til as Mari closed up the shop locking the door and fixing the merchandise "What do we need to grab for Sunny and Jeremiah?" She asked me as she walked behind the counter to where I was "A bag of clothes and some snacks" I said as I finished up and closing down the pos and grabbing the drawer with the drop "Okay I'll get our stuff packed up" Mari said while giving my cheek a peck and walking away as I locked up the drawer and filled out everything for the money drop and putting it into the safe. Mari turned off the music and lights as she came up to the front with her purse "Let's blow this popsicle stand" I said as I followed Mari out and locked the store behind making our way out of the mall towards Mari's bike. We got onto the bike and headed our way towards Jeremiah and Sunny's house packing clothes for them and some snacks before we made our way towards the hospital. I laid my head on Mari's back letting the wind blow my hair as I felt relaxed with Mari's presence "You okay?" Mari yelled towards me as we stopped at a light "Yeah I am" I yelled back as I snuggled closer which made Mari chuckle and started riding again. We finally showed up at the hospital which Marisol parked the bike in the parking lot letting me get off before she shut the bike off and removing her helmet. We walked into the hospital to the front desk "Room 4 Sunny Kim" Mari said holding her purse "Here you go" The nurse said giving us visitor passes which we put on before walking towards Sunny's room. We walked into the room to see Jeremiah sleeping on the couch and Sunny feeding Damien a bottle "Hey" Mari said softly not trying to wake up Jeremiah "Hey" Sunny said back as Mari walked over to Sunny and I walked over to Jeremiah's bed dropping the bag of their stuff down on the ground waking Jeremiah up in the process "Fuck" Jeremiah said softly as he rubbed his eyes and looked over to me "Oh whats up Jacob" Jeremiah as he stood up and did our handshake "We brought you guys snack's and clothes" I said as I sat down in one of the chairs "Ahhh bitch give me a snack" Sunny said passing Damien over to Marisol which made Jeremiah chuckle "how's it been going?" Mari said as Sunny grabbed a snack and walked back to her bed "It's alright. Damien been great and his test came back great also so we should be able to go home tomorrow" Sunny said while munching on a snack "That's awesome. I grabbed outfits and some stuff for a bath that I heard would be great" Mari said gesturing towards the bag as she held Damien "Thank you bish" Sunny said while throwing her bag away "Here come take your god son" Mari said while getting up towards me and handing off Damien to me. I swayed back and forth looking at him and his cute face "You are so cute" I said looking at Damien as he yawned a big yawn "Yeah he is" Jeremiah said looking towards his son "So what happened with your dad?" Jeremiah said looking over at Marisol.

Marisol explained everything to Sunny and Jeremiah as I continued to sway Damien in my arms "Well shit" Sunny said while looking Mari grabbing her hand and rubbing it "It's good thing you guys are here so he can't do anything to you without security being involved" Marisol said as she stood up "You need anything you call me okay?" Jeremiah said giving Mari a kiss on the head as he wrapped his arms around her "I know thank you Miah" Mari said as she snuggled into his chest a little "Should we be heading out?" Marisol asked looking towards me while breaking the hug with Jeremiah "Yeah probably" I said as I gave a few pecks to Damien before handing him off to Marisol to do the same "Thanks man for the bag and shit" Jeremiah said while doing our handshake "No problem. I packed some shower shit for you also and towels so let me know if there is anything you need me to do." I said back as I walked over to Sunny and gave her a hug quickly while Marisol handed Damien to Jeremiah giving Damien a few quick pecks. "I love you guys!" Mari said as she hugged Jeremiah and Sunny "We love you too" Sunny said while laying on her bed "Bye" I said to them both as Mari and I exited the room and heading out of the hospital. We got home and Mari parked the bike before we both made our way towards the door to see it broken in "What the fuck?" Mari said while looking at it "I don't know" I said back as we walked in and saw Marisol's dad their with a baseball bat his hands "Hey guys"