Chapter Nine

Jacob P.O.V

I woke up the next morning feeling a heavy being on top of my shoulder which made me look over to see Marisol asleep on it. I turned off the t.v and made my way downstairs to the kitchen to start making breakfast for Marisol and I when the doorbell rang so I walked over to the door and opened it to see Jeremiah "Hey" I said looking at him and then back to my feet "Uhm is Marisol here?" Jeremiah said while leaning on the door frame "Yeah she's upstairs sleeping come in" I said as I opened the door wider to let Jeremiah in. I closed the door behind him and went back to the kitchen to continue what I was doing "Did you stay the night?" Jeremiah asked me as he sat at the island in the kitchen while I cooked "Yeah I did" I said looking at him a little before flipping the bacon "What are you doing dude? What's your end game here?" Jeremiah said in a calm tone which made me look at him with narrowed eyes "That's none of your business" I said while finishing up the bacon and starting on the pancakes "Good morning" I heard a voice say coming into the kitchen which made Jeremiah and I look to see Marisol wiping at her eyes "Good morning" I said with a smile on my face while she sat down next to Jeremiah "Good morning love" Jeremiah said while giving her a hug and a kiss on the head which made me clench my jaw a little "What are you making?" Marisol said while putting her hands on the island's surface "Pancakes, eggs, and bacon" I said as I flipped a pancake "Jeremiah are you staying for breakfast?" Marisol asked which made me also look at him with a questioning look "Yeah I am" he said giving her a smile and me a smirk which made my blood boil but why am I so angry I mean he was there for her when I stopped talking to her I thought as I flipped the last pancake and started on the eggs "I'm gonna set the table for everyone" Marisol said while getting up and grabbing plates from her cabinet and silverware from the doors "Jeremiah wanna help?" she said while looking at him. "Sure I will" Jeremiah said while getting up and following Marisol out of the room which let me continue my cooking.

Marisol P.O.V

We finished up all our food and I got up grabbing Jeremiah's hand "I need to talk to him quickly if you need to shower you can use the guest room's shower."  I said looking at Jacob which he smiled at me "Thank you Soul" he said looking at me before back down to his plate while I ran upstairs with Jeremiah behind me. We both walked into my room and I closed the door behind me "I don't want to see you hurt Marisol" Jeremiah said while sitting on my bed "I know. I won't get super close yet. He came over last night and we had a movie night slash sleepover and I just didn't wanna be alone after the shit that happened at school yesterday" I said while walking over to my closet to grab out an outfit "What happened at school yesterday?" Jeremiah said while getting up and following me to my closet to help me pick out an outfit. "I fought a bitch because she was talking shit. Luckily Jacob and a new friend of mine Sunny was there to grab and take me to the nurse's office." I said as I grabbed out a hoodie with some jean shorts and my black chucks to match the sweatshirt showing Jeremiah which he nodded his head in approval "Why did you fight the girl?" Jeremiah asked as I started to change in front of him as he has seen completely nude before "She said some ruthless shit" I said while putting on deodorant and changing my undergarments in the bathroom before coming out "You know you shouldn't do that" Jeremiah said as I was putting on my outfit "Yeah well I couldn't help it" I said as I laced up my chucks and went back to the bathroom to do my makeup.

Jacob P.O.V

I went up to the guest bedroom and took a quick shower letting the water relax my muscles from the past week of being in the hospital and helping Marisol after her fight in school. After my shower I walked over to Mari room with a towel wrapped around my waist and saw a pair of boxers and a new outfit laid out. I quickly changed into the boxers, joggers, hoodie, and socks before making my way downstairs to see Jeremiah and Marisol sitting on the couch looking beautiful as ever. "Hey" I said while making my way towards the two "Thanks for the clothes" I said while rubbing my neck and looking down "They are Jeremiah's. He leaves his clothes here all the time when we have sleepover so I keep them just in case" Marisol said while smirking at Jeremiah which made me feel embarrassed "My bad Jeremiah" I said while putting my shoes on "I'm gonna head back to my house. I'll hit you up later?" I said remembering that she gave me her number last night "Sounds like a plan" she said while standing up which made me walk over to her and give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek "By the way you look beautiful Soul" I whispered in her ear before letting her go and walking out of her house and hoping on my bike and riding home.

Marisol P.O.V

I walked into my kitchen with Jeremiah following closely behind me with red ass cheeks as I walked over to grab a glass of water "You like him don't you?" Jeremiah said looking at me as I drank my glass of water not making eye contact.  "No I don't." I said softly trying to avoid Jeremiah's stare at me as I put the glass down on the table. I knew Jeremiah was right I mean hell I've liked Jacob since we were kids. "You do Mari. You can't lie to me or yourself. I've known you since we were kids. I know when you lie and I've always known you liked him." He said as he walked closer to me which made me keep my eyes down at my shoes "I just don't wanna see you get hurt." Jeremiah said while lacing his arms around my waist which made me lace mine around his neck "I know I know. I just can't help it Jeremiah" I said as we pulled apart from the hugs but keeping our arms around each other "Well what if I try this?" Jeremiah said as he lowered his face towards mine and grazed his lips against mine before taking them into his own.